Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 25LSV w Raptor 575 prop info

Hey, just wanted to throw out some info on the newer 17" prop setups. I searched a ton and never found any info, so what I have here may help someone out in the future. 

Boat: 2017 25LSV with Raptor 575 SC motor

Trans: 1.76 to 1 ratio

Prop that came on the boat: Acme 2805 17x17 0.105 cup

Prop that Acme recommended to me: Acme 3043 17x19 0.075 cup

The new prop brought down my RPMs @ 300 and fuel consumption has dropped to 4.6gph last outing (not bad for a 25' boat and SC motor). Never got a full tank of use on the 2805, so I can't say how much improvement. One tank had about 3hrs of 2805 use and 7hrs of 3043 use and that tank netted 4.8gph. I put the new prop on based off of the results G owners were getting with swapping props on their 2:1 trans/17" prop combos. The boat can still be heavily weighted for surfing without any problems reaching 11+mph. We mainly foil, but surf about 20% of the time. I know this isn't a ton of info and there are very few 575/17" prop boats out there, but this small amount of info may help a few owners. I'll post more gph info when I get more hrs on the boat. 

8 hours ago, Kblagg said:

How are you measuring gph?  

Gallons of fuel used divided by hours of use......not sure how else I'd calculate it. I don't believe what a computer says for fuel use. I've seen fuel injectors be way off when you get them cleaned and flow checked. A computer reports fuel use by calculating duty cycle with fuel pressure, which is an estimate. So, hand calculation has always been my method of figuring out mpg and gph. I'm not one of those guys who reports that my truck gets 20mpg towing my boat at 75mph just because the computer says so. My 2006 CTD was way off, showing 3mpg better than hand calculated.

What I'm trying to do here is give owners, of this somewhat rare motor/prop combo, a prop option that helps bring down RPMs (gets better gph useage) without losing the ability to push surf weight around.