Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Great Compromise of 2018... Ski and surf review added!

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, Woodski said:

Less than 80% blue, what the heck is the world coming too!  Surprises come every day … looks great.  :lol:

Wife designed it! So she is happy lol. I’ve always liked white boats so I’m cool with the whole thing not being colors. 

• 4 weeks later...
ahopkins22LSV
6 minutes ago, Kojak said:

Looks good!

I saw a 2018 23 LSV for sale and the color was listed as "Seafoam".  Is that the same color as your azure blue? Just wondering as my wife really liked the color.

I’m not sure to be honest. It could be? But when we built ours it was azure blue for sure. 

ahopkins22LSV
8 minutes ago, Kojak said:

Here's the link to the boat I was talking about. Seafoam or Azure Blue

A new boat isn't in my immediate future, but the wife already informed me that any new boat had to have this color on it as an accent color.

That looks different to me. Hard to tell without the boats side by side though. I know Malibu introduced quite a few new colors this year so there is a good chance it is also new. 

2 hours ago, Kojak said:

Here's the link to the boat I was talking about. Seafoam or Azure Blue

A new boat isn't in my immediate future, but the wife already informed me that any new boat had to have this color on it as an accent color.

It was called "Cool Mint" last year, at least the non-flake version anyways.  I saw one being built at the plant when I did the tour and asked about it.  It was a test color last year, and it seems they darkened it a little bit and renamed it the Azure Blue color.  

Edited by BadgerBoater55
ahopkins22LSV
20 minutes ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

It was called "Cool Mint" last year, at least the non-flake version anyways.  I saw one being built at the plant when I did the tour and asked about it.  It was a test color last year, and it seems they darkened it a little bit and renamed it the Azure Blue color.  

Ah maybe that’s the case. We honestly didn’t go through every blue. We went from the vapor blue flake to the new midnight blue flake which I think is called zephyr blue flake now, to azure. As soon as my wife saw azure she said that’s the one! And we stopped looking at colors. :) So there could be additional colors. @85 Barefoot said he ordered sea foam so I’d guess that is an additional option. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
19 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

Looks great @ahopkinsTXi !!!   I like the use of the teal/blue and white.  

Thank you! It was all my wife! She took what I was thinking and tweaked it just a bit and it turned out great! I can’t wait to see it in person!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

My wife and I are on vacation in Nashville, but the dealer just sent me these! Pick her up Tuesday. 

0939E4E8-5A5D-40F7-B122-B6EC6594791C.thumb.jpeg.ca9e8c07ed56cdeb3e36d07fc8dd20f1.jpeg

8ACF0D29-EFB6-48EE-AFA6-50E75B27C004.thumb.jpeg.ed66b61eac962104ddedbb0ad709416d.jpeg

Congrats!  I love that interior!  

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, martinarcher said:

"Hun, vacation is over....we gotta go pick up the new boat!!!"

Haha I would buy we just got in last night, plus it’s our first trip away without the baby. We need this. And she is here to take a board prep class for her DNP. :)

And thanks everyone! We can’t wait to see her in person. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Haha I would buy we just got in last night, plus it’s our first trip away without the baby. We need this. And she is here to take a board prep class for her DNP. :)

And thanks everyone! We can’t wait to see her in person. 

Congrats. Which review is she taking?

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

Congrats. Which review is she taking?

Not sure if the exact class but it’s to prepare for her doctorate of nurse practitioner board exam