Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis Light Bar Option

alpensurf23

Figured I'd make this easier to find for those few that might have checked this box on build sheet. If you are looking to use this light bar with Bimini up or down without removing the bimini or raising the light bar (legality issue with blocking tower running light). You can rotate the light bar beneath the tower crossbar by switching the  light bar mounts from one side to other. Keep an eye on running the light bar with bimini in stowed position. In that mode/position the clearance is the most in question as we are not sure how hot this LED bar should get and didn't have time to test at length. (Do to boat not running and the draw on batteries). Will continue to update especially on temperature if you find another way let us know. Another important note, don't blind your fellow boaters with this!!!!! It's bright!!!!

IMG_0501.jpeg

IMG_0499.jpeg

IMG_0500.jpeg

10 hours ago, CBray4 said:

Are your tower speakers black? I could have sworn they were white... 

Those look like speaker covers, I have similar ones on my tower speakers...keeps the bugs/crap off them when trailering!

ahopkins22LSV

I gotta ask, what made you check this box? I’ve seen a few boats with them at the dealer and I just don’t get it. Then I learned the price when my friend was building an axis and I get it even less. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I gotta ask, what made you check this box? I’ve seen a few boats with them at the dealer and I just don’t get it. Then I learned the price when my friend was building an axis and I get it even less. 

The lakes we play in are fed by snow run off and averaging over 500” inches a year when spring hits and our lakes fill we get an intense amount of debris and continues through out summer. Do to our short season we make the most out of our days and run til dark a lot of times with long runs back to ramp. The chance of hitting unseen debris only escalates at night. There is no traffic to blind and also no immediate cavalry to call but 911. No homes on water or marinas. When the sun goes down it goes black. As for price, my Duramax looks awesome and works great with its stock wheels and tires so I figured why not try to make life safer in other areas. :cheers:

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

Not understanding what this is for, and it looks like a head smacker for the average sized person.

You would hit your head on the 10” Wetsound tower speakers before light bar. Plenty of room..

On 3/15/2018 at 4:38 PM, agarabaghi said:

friends a24 has the tower bar on top of the bimini 

When my A24 was delivered the tower light bar was mounted above the tower but when we installed the bimini the light was blocked when bimini in stowed position. If you raised the light bar it will block your tower navigation light and you would be running illegal. By mounting the new light bar under as we have done here it can be used bimini up or down.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
13 minutes ago, alpensurf23 said:

The lakes we play in are fed by snow run off and averaging over 500” inches a year when spring hits and our lakes fill we get an intense amount of debris and continues through out summer. Do to our short season we make the most out of our days and run til dark a lot of times with long runs back to ramp. The chance of hitting unseen debris only escalates at night. There is no traffic to blind and also no immediate cavalry to call but 911. No homes on water or marinas. When the sun goes down it goes black. As for price, my Duramax looks awesome and works great with its stock wheels and tires so I figured why not try to make life safer in other areas. :cheers:

Gotcha, but just saying you could buy that light bar online for a few hundred dollars. 

28 minutes ago, alpensurf23 said:

You would hit your head on the 10” Wetsound tower speakers before light bar. Plenty of room..

The speakers are not in the walkway.  How the heck tall is that tower?  In my boat a 6ft person just clears the bars, my son ducks.

3 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

The speakers are not in the walkway.  How the heck tall is that tower?  In my boat a 6ft person just clears the bars, my son ducks.

Will need to measure, pretty tall and really not concerned..Add two more speakers of any size still feel more of threat..

• 10 months later...

Just a heads up for anyone wanting the mounting brackets, Malibu has dropped the light bar from the options and no longer makes the mounts. As of last week they did not have any of the arms in stock in stock, they may still have some of the actual clamps.