Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

To Bow Bag or Not To Bow Bag 2018 23 LSV

mrnate450r

What size of locker bags are you going with? I'm not planning to use a bow sac this summer so I'm not planning to run much over 450s in back. Haven't been on an '18 since demoing last September but I was happy with the wave on that setup.

I may pick up some 50 lb. lead bags to stash up front where the batteries used to be.

• Like 1

Bow bag is not needed.

But...

I've both heard about an seen the wave with factory rear bags and a 750lb bag in the walkway at it was really impressive.  The gentleman riding it was probably 6'4".  I have heard to stay away from the bow bag in the 2018 23LSV.  I will be trying 650 Sumo Max Sac in mine in the walkway.

Edited by Murphy8166

I'll be going with the larger Wakemaker bags. Guess I won't order anything just yet. I will see how it goes without it. I'm hoping I don't need any. 

37 minutes ago, NWBU said:

@Wakesetter67 seemed pretty happy with this wave and 450ish in the bags. I think there was one person in the bow for this pic, but with 7 in the boat and most in the back seat, I wouldn’t think that was throwing anything off kilter.

EA7DBEEF-C57B-4A55-A28E-6E53011050C5.jpeg

I dont surf, but that wave looks rad! Endless quarter pipe.

• Like 3

I really got tierd of running a bow bag in my 22 VLX, So when we did the demo in the 2018 23 that was one of the main reason to switch boats, I think its a win win, for those that want a bit more you can always add some up there, But I was really happy with just PNP in the rear lockers, I may even try some lead up front just to see! 

@ConnollyCrew runs 1000 in his to get his regular wave right, though sais most would think it was ok with out it,  remember you are showing goofy , I bet your regular  looks good on film too ! But Is it the same wave?

Bet I would like your regular and goofy waive with no bow sac!

i put leadwake on cushions, they really aren’t in the seating way stacked along side rails and corner of front facing seat and rail in the bow cause most passengers face stern from middle snd I think you have some stash room for lead by new batteries possibly by front tank? Next time I’d buy 35’s, I move mine, I’d prefer the smaller lift to move or dry

connelly uses lead and that bow bag , loved both of his waves

Edited by granddaddy55