Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil pump

Malibu Crew, who has a oil pump they love? I used one that a friend lent me and the hose blew off the discharge line while pumping....what a mess in the engine bay.... looking for suggestions with a web link. 

My inexpensive Walmart pump ( https://www.walmart.com/ip/SeaDog-501070-3-Deluxe-12V-Electric-Oil-Change-Pump-Includes-32-Hoses/55397771) works great. I did put a hose clamp on discharge side as the hose did come off and made a huge mess. It was in the $25 range and has served me well for 4 years now.

The leads don’t reach the battery terminals but I use a pos post close to V drive. Good luck in your search. 

https://www.marinepartssource.com/3-1-2-gal-flat-tank-oil-changer-jabsco-17860-2012?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi5jl68_u2QIVWJJ-Ch1Waw82EAQYAiABEgIVEPD_BwE

i assume you could find it cheaper , when it’s sucking last i open and close the cap to let out air it gets those last drops , 

it won’t spill ever except when I didn’t re tighten the cap and made my own mess outside of the boat when moving unit, I leave it on the platform on towels while doing extraction , long hose to go down top of engine oil extraction line, and long connections to reach the positives above the tranny, easy to place the extractor in warming  tray for tranny and vdrive extraction 

super easy to empty at the parts store recycle with handle and big screw cap pooring opening

sometimes s little more money is well worth it, this all in one unit with integrated handle and hand hold areas really does it right, 

and  holds two oil changes snd almost two vdrive snd trsnny changes if you don’t want to go to recycle all year

Edited by granddaddy55
47 minutes ago, Ballay said:

My inexpensive Walmart pump ( https://www.walmart.com/ip/SeaDog-501070-3-Deluxe-12V-Electric-Oil-Change-Pump-Includes-32-Hoses/55397771) works great. I did put a hose clamp on discharge side as the hose did come off and made a huge mess. It was in the $25 range and has served me well for 4 years now.

The leads don’t reach the battery terminals but I use a pos post close to V drive. Good luck in your search. 

That's the pump I use & too learned the hard way (thankfully not in the boat!  But my garage door got a good spray) to put small hose clamps on the end.  I do seem to burn them out every two years but I think it's because they dun dry till the oil starts coming out the hose & the last time I started draining with the oil really hot & it no worked after that.  But for 20 bucks I just order another one.

19 hours ago, Canusa said:

Malibu Crew, who has a oil pump they love? I used one that a friend lent me and the hose blew off the discharge line while pumping....what a mess in the engine bay.... looking for suggestions with a web link. 

I love this one.  It has never failed me :thumbup:

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_390306_390306

For the I/O pontoon I just use the dipstick tube they provide.  Don't cram it too far down the dipstick hole.  Be gentle and you'll feel when it contacts something.  Stop.  For the Malibu I made a threaded fitting (Home Depot) that fits on/in the Oil Changer large tube and on the boat's oil pan hose.  Takes a few minutes to drain the pontoon but less than a minute for the Malibu.

• Like 1