Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu tops 2004 sales

josh_tn

I don't think that the Centurians numbers are all that suprising.  They have some very loyal customers.  I have talked to several boat mechs who think that although the Centurian is lacking in creature comforts and basic quality control in the interior fit and finish, that they are very solid boats as for as rigging and hull assembly.

Joe

I think that shows some regional differences too. Centurion does not have a presence near me. Correct craft actually rules this area.

I don't think that the Centurians numbers are all that suprising.  They have some very loyal customers.  I have talked to several boat mechs who think that although the Centurian is lacking in creature comforts and basic quality control in the interior fit and finish, that they are very solid boats as for as rigging and hull assembly.

Joe

I think that shows some regional differences too. Centurion does not have a presence near me. Correct craft actually rules this area.

Definitely true. Quality (or lack thereof) of the dealer has a huge impact on that particular statistic.

Gotta say though, it's great to see Malibu's stock continuing to rise! Thats great for our resale values too. Obviously demand is just continuing to rise. And although it may not be too significant, I bet MBO helped sell some boats.

Where are all these new boats going to go? 10,000 new boats. overcrowded lakes already...I guess we're lucky to even have lakes so I shouldn't complain.

A few things that I noticed.

1. I thought that Tige was much higher than they are - I thought there were #4.

2. MC may be loosing market share, but their margins are much higher

3. All 11,000 + of those boats are on my lake Mad.gif

The Centurion numbers also surprise me. We have a local dealer, but I see ten Supra's for every Centurion. I think I've seen one Sanger, total, ever.

Around here (Central TX) I see mostly Bu's, MC's, CC's, Supra's, and Moomba's. Everything else is distant.

Malibu has EXPLODED here in WI. When we got ours in '01, it was 1 of 3 on our lake, and one of those was a classic '88 skier. Now I have to take my shoes off to count them all. Kinda takes a little bit of the fun out of it. It used to be MC ruled our lake. Now there's only 1 inboard MC left, a 1978 Stars and Stripes. There are about 4 MC outboards. There are about 6 Nautiques, but only one of those is newer than a mid-90's vintage; my ski partner's '04 206.

Edited by UWSkier

UW Skier,

You seeing that up in Crandon, too? I'm definitely seeing that down here around Waukesha, but up in Three Lakes/Eagle River it seems like CC still rules the chain.

Mike

A dealer can make a huge difference. East Coast Flightcraft serves New England through two dealerships. They are such a powerhouse that Correctcraft stuggles to maintain a presence. Interestly, Moomba does well in New England.

P.S. My previous boat was a Centurion...it wasn't all that bad, I thought it was an equal value proposition to Moomba.

UW Skier,

You seeing that up in Crandon, too?  I'm definitely seeing that down here around Waukesha, but up in Three Lakes/Eagle River it seems like CC still rules the chain.

Mike

CC still rules the Three Lakes chain. Malibu is making a strong showing on the Eagle River chain. Over in Crandon, however, Malibu is king.

down here, san diego-colorado river area, we see MC(really big presence, not sure why. they're mediocre boats imho), nautiques(actually saw 5 tied together this past weekend), sangers, tiges, a few 'bus, a moomba/supra here and there, some centurions, calabrias, and i've seen 2 mbs.