Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

jbl blackbox? Wanting to upgrade

ciciwaken

Hello fellow BU owners- I have a 2008 vlx and my husband has been searching out how to upgrade our JBL black box but we are kinda in a stuck point and want anyone's opinions or ideas of how you might have done this? our bu has the pass thru remote and mux switches. we have found a infinity system we think would work.  Thanks for all your help! 

ok... I am honestly not having issues with mine. just wanting bluetooth and a damn mute button for when i come up to someone in the water and needing to change my driver style and hear them... 

I installed a zone controller, ZLD, from Exile several years ago mainly so I could have a single volume knob for the same reasons you are describing. I then added a separate BT adapter and connected to the AUX input of the ZLD. An added benefit is being able to set the tower and boat speakers at different levels. There is a fader function in my ZLD but I think they eliminated that feature in the newer units.

I'm sure there are other similar solutions out there now but it has worked well for us. 

• Like 1

Another awesome member has said the same thing as well- in his Malibu-  might be going that route... cause i want the switch mostly to have a fast cut speakers for the fact i wanna hear what my rider says when I’m passing- and then the blue tooth- for the modern phones since we can run a aux cable but i don’t like the cords every plce in the boat. To say I’m alittle ocd might be a understatement 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, ciciwaken said:

Another awesome member has said the same thing as well- in his Malibu-  might be going that route

:thumbup::thumbup:  just now saw this Sierra @ciciwaken

Yes, what @BearCreekBum said is the exact setup as mine.  Call Brian at exileaudio and tell him Keith sent you.  Him or Donavan will get you all set for your exact needs.  You really don't need a new head unit, that is over kill when your blackbox works fine.  You could really just buy the Exile BT and the dual zone controller to turn it down as you come back to the rider like I do.

https://www.exileaudio.com/store/install-accessories/signal-processing/dual-zone-tower-volume-control-kit.html

https://www.exileaudio.com/store/install-accessories/bluetooth/exile-premium-bluetooth-music-receiver.html

Edited by hawaiianstyln