Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 537 Prop - 2010 Wakesetter 247

jamesz06

I just purchased a 2010 Wakesetter 247 LSV and I found a good deal on a local prop; brand new Acme 537 (13.5 x 16). Thinking about getting that prop as a spare as It looks like that was the original prop for this boat.  The boat currently has a 2247 prop (15 x 14.25). Has anyone ran this boat (or similar) with the 537?  Again I'm just curious about using it as a spare only to keep on the boat. I'm in the Phoenix area and the boat is primarily used for surfing and wakeboarding. 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Imo it would be a cheap spare, and probably good to have if it would be rare to damage props in your lake... So that while it isn't optimal for heavy weighted surfing, you could still have fun on boat for a week or so until main prop gets repairs.

If you damage a prop every season, I'd  get one closer to the primary.

I wonder if you have my boat.  Boulderboats sold my 2010 247 to someone in the Phoenix area two years ago. Maybe you picked up my boat because not many 2010 247s were made that year. Mine was blue/white and black with just over 400 hours. I am sure it has more now, but it was a great boat.

Unless you are getting an incredible deal on that prop, it is just too small of a diameter even as a spare IMO, as certain things you do with your boat may not be possible with this prop.  It will likely do everything worse - these big hulls aren't really 13.5" prop friendly - even the smaller hulls tend to benefit from a larger diameter prop.

• Like 1

bbattiste247, not sure if it's your old 247 (only 300 hours), I know it's been in the Phoenix area for the last year or so but I think it was originally bought out of Texas.  This boat is blue/black/white with the black hull.

Thanks for the prop advice everyone, I will probably pass on the 537.  It's a good deal ($300) but if I'm going to carry a spare on the boat I don't know if I want to worry about 'just getting by'

i have a 2008 247 same hull and it came with the 537 and i actually have 2 of the 537 props sitting in my room and i have switched to a 1273 which is mow my back up and then to a 2249 all the props work but when weighted heavy the bigger diameter the better, with the 537 i could surf with full factory ballast full wedge 2 500 sacks and about 14 people and it worked fine not the 2249 definitely works better, also my boat has the 8.1 so the motor is a lot heaver than some of the other motor options

On 3/9/2018 at 12:22 PM, Nitrousbird said:

Unless you are getting an incredible deal on that prop, it is just too small of a diameter even as a spare IMO, as certain things you do with your boat may not be possible with this prop.  It will likely do everything worse - these big hulls aren't really 13.5" prop friendly - even the smaller hulls tend to benefit from a larger diameter prop.

I got one as a spare like an idiot as a reworked one with a short guaranty that I would never test cause it’s in a bag as a spare 

now my 1235 would be an excellent spare if and when I go to a real torque prop , I think the 1235 was s very cheap “torque” upgrade to the standard 537 they actually cane with in 2014 if you didn’t specify , I think I paid 125 more fir my 1235

love that prop except under heavy heavy loads , super economical with listed surfing with me snd wife and our 4400 water fuel and lead  and wedge . But not s torque prop fir extra people or getting that load in plane fir wakeboarding (it won’t)

thh guys who run big loads with that 350 have s real torque prop ad main and spare , so if your heavily weighing snd s big crew, slowly acquire two torque props and see which is best, if  it has different purpose or close performance then keep both torque props 

if that’s not you, i suggest the 1235 as a spare or primary alternate  and as it is not a preferred prop these days of heavy surfing, you should be able  to find good used or reworked cheap ,  but use it during the rework guaranty to see if you really wsnt it and that it is actually reworked right snd then msybe upgrade through who sold it to you if you don’t like it.  As a cheap alternate from a good prop rework shop , it will be less exp than most

Edited by granddaddy55