Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bakes or Evo

GoldenBuffalo

looking for advice on Boat Cover and Bimini for our 2011 Wakesetter 247 LSV.  I see Cory @ Evolution is the best for customer service and likely price, but am concerned with securing/tightening the cover.  boat is on trailer.  No real pictures on how it secures.  For the Bimini, looking at Bakes and Inboards Only.  Great Lakes seems a bit pricey.  Thank you for your comments and/or suggestions.

Evolution Covers are the way to go. I lucked into a great deal on one last year. Never had a problem trailering with it. It hooks underneath the rub rail and secures in the back. 

You won't be disappointed. 

pimieFW.jpg

Secures with 5 pull straps and a perimeter tension rope at the transom.  Raise your ski pylon and attach a bungee to the tow ball on the tower to raise the cover 3-4 inches from it's natural resting position.  Price, customer service, performance, Evolution covers are a no-brainer!!

I just received my evo cover and other than vary difficult to put on the first time (tight) I could not be happier. I have only tried the cover once but the quality is second to none. The one problem you may have is they are months out on delivery so good luck getting one any time soon. Don't forget the crew discount.

Edited by windy1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, windy1 said:

I just received my evo cover and other than vary difficult to put on the first time (tight) I could not be happier. I have only tried the cover once but the quality is second to none. The one problem you may have is they are months out on delivery so good luck getting one any time soon. Don't forget the crew discount.

I remember when I installed my first Evo cover. It was on my 2012 VLX and it was so tight I swore they made it wrong. Lol.  I’ve since discovered two things 

1) That tightness is a feature, not a flaw.  Your cover with NEVER pool water, even if you don’t use the built in hang tight. 

2) It does loosen just a little, and you will figure out your own process to getting it on. I’m pretty good at it now. 

56007D87-1AC1-47CB-B27F-074A048C77DE.jpeg

I had great success with my Great Lakes cover, super tight, and never pooled. Not sure if evo has this feature but the inside had a fleece to stop scuffing the gel coat when towing. 

1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

I had great success with my Great Lakes cover, super tight, and never pooled. Not sure if evo has this feature but the inside had a fleece to stop scuffing the gel coat when towing. 

I had factory Great Lakes cover last year. It’s a nice cover, but not for towing. No matter how tight I ratcheted it down it still buffeted in the wind while towing, especially around the windshield. It definitely left marks in the black gel coat. 

33 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I had factory Great Lakes cover last year. It’s a nice cover, but not for towing. No matter how tight I ratcheted it down it still buffeted in the wind while towing, especially around the windshield. It definitely left marks in the black gel coat. 

Hmm ok. I drove from Vancouver to Idaho with it on and zero problems what so ever. No black gel though. 

3 hours ago, windy1 said:

How much is the “crew discount”??  

What’s the secret handshake to receive it? 

Might need to order one today...

35 minutes ago, CaptCactus said:

How much is the “crew discount”??  

What’s the secret handshake to receive it? 

Might need to order one today...

The "secret handshake" is being a supporting member of this site.  There are around 10 vendors that give a discount to the supporting members.  

How much is the discount?  The discount is more than the basic membership cost.

Been waiting on mine to go into production since October, should be this month.  

I don't remember what % but my discounts over the last 2 years easily covered 2 years of membership here. although I would be a member without the discounts.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, IXFE said:

I had a custom cover built for my 23LSV to tow with G4 tower down and it also had a similar what I call the Jiffy Pop effect. There was no cover like at time and even when others offered reports of same result. Covers are challenging when comes to towing, exposure to elements and design...

Edited by alpensurf23

Evo works fine for towing but I generally tow sans cover.  If the weather is bad I tow with the cover as fast as I want but I do feel like it's a little easier on the cover and gel to remove before towing.