Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Tow Rig - Ordering Next Week

MustGoFast

15 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

You would probably hate the heated steering wheel:whistle:

My heated steering wheel and seats are nice when I warm the truck up as I walk out to it from the ski hill.  ;)

Edited by sunvalleylaw
9 minutes ago, sunvalleylaw said:

My heated steering wheel and seats are nice when I warm the truck up as I walk out to it from the ski hill.  ;)

The cooled are even better when I remote start from the ramp.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, shadetreefab said:

The cooled are even better when I remote start from the ramp.

Mine isn't quite that fancy.  Wouldn't be opposed to it if it was though.

ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

You would probably hate the heated steering wheel:whistle:

Lol yeah. But at the time I bought mine I would have had to step up to ltz for a crew cab z71 max tow with that option and I wasn’t willing to spend another 10k. 

22 hours ago, Raimie said:

Dang... nice price... maybe I'll go take a look ;) It's even blue which is a requirement for my vehicles!

Agreed that is a nice price.  Might have to make a phone call today as my Chevy dealer got back and his deal gets worse every time I talk to him, not sure why I gave him one more shot.

His offer last night was 1000 under MSRP (inclusive of 5000 in available cash rebates) - I truly LOL'd - I pointed to his website which is advertising a price 7k lower than that already :(

Edited by MustGoFast
because
4 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Lol yeah. But at the time I bought mine I would have had to step up to ltz for a crew cab z71 max tow with that option and I wasn’t willing to spend another 10k. 

I hate packaging today. On one of my old SUV's I would have had to order a almost 4K package to get the built in garage door opener. I have a sun roof now and I would never order one. Old bald men with many skin cancer issues don't need them!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

If only it was truck month when you bought ...... it could have been yours 

4 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

When it is winter in mn you wear gloves to protect you from the air (and i guess the steering wheel) , when your hands get too warm you take them off.  

D52B406D-396B-49D0-A905-CD24AF4E438E.gif

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Don’t like a million different packages? Buy a Toyota:clap: each trim level comes with options and that’s that. 

So I looked at Toyota build and price. Dammer even less options. Yes packages but not much inside of them to chose from.  I will stay with what I have.

2 hours ago, Sixball said:

So I looked at Toyota build and price. Dammer even less options. Yes packages but not much inside of them to chose from.  I will stay with what I have.

Our 4Runner limited was literally, black or brown leather, hood deflector, remote start, clear bra, floor mats and that’s about all there was to choose from. Everything else was standard for the model. 

Edited by Cole2001
ahopkins22LSV
12 hours ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

POIDH

Why I am responding to this, I have no idea... but, I am not posting financial documents online (they don't show MSRP anyway). So take this or leave it...

Here is my exact truck, MSRP of $49,725. And I am not exactly sure if it has the max tow package or not. I also have no clue if prices went up between 2018 and 17. My loan amount was a hair over 41K that is with tax, title and license. I put nothing down. So my age is showing and my memory is going, but I got about 8700 off out the door of MSRP, close to 10K if you subtract tax title and license. 

Looks like they are offering even better deals now with the 2019 coming out soon. (if you are eligible for GM employee discounts...)

On 3/5/2018 at 10:47 AM, granddaddy55 said:

so was yours  an early 3.5 EB, or later 2.7.  Have there been slot if 2.7 claims in manufacturers or extended warranties ??  So you saved $1000-1400 (28-cost of warranty purchase) or $2800?  

so was your repair $4200-1400?

Not answering your question .... but NEVER buy a warranty from the dealer ... same warranty here   >>   https://www.floodfordesp.com/   (genuine ford warranty and can be purchased up until the factory warranty runs out)

45 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

Not answering your question .... but NEVER buy a warranty from the dealer ... same warranty here   >>   https://www.floodfordesp.com/   (genuine ford warranty and can be purchased up until the factory warranty runs out)

This is where I got mine.  Saved a bundle.

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Why I am responding to this, I have no idea... but, I am not posting financial documents online (they don't show MSRP anyway). So take this or leave it...

Here is my exact truck, MSRP of $49,725. And I am not exactly sure if it has the max tow package or not. I also have no clue if prices went up between 2018 and 17. My loan amount was a hair over 41K that is with tax, title and license. I put nothing down. So my age is showing and my memory is going, but I got about 8700 off out the door of MSRP, close to 10K if you subtract tax title and license. 

Looks like they are offering even better deals now with the 2019 coming out soon. (if you are eligible for GM employee discounts...)

You didn’t really need to respond,  I wasn’t just busting your chops.   but I appreciate the effort. 

So what you are really getting at is you paid 41k for a 35k truck    

143FC795-5CFD-4002-8B05-C1DD0C1DC268.png

Edited by Chrisjjbrown
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

You didn’t really need to respond,  I wasn’t just busting your chops.   but I appreciate the effort. 

So what you are really getting at is you paid 41k for a 35k truck    

143FC795-5CFD-4002-8B05-C1DD0C1DC268.png

Haha well I would bet that 1/100 if that qualify for those discounts and yeah I wish I could have waited until now with the new truck coming out but oh well. I was very happy with the price I got. 

• Like 2

GM is great about adding up all kinds of rebates in their ads that 90% of the population couldn't qualify for all. I once saw an ad that had $500 loyalty cash for a returning GM customer along with $1000 rebate if you had a competitor's lease. Hmmmm..... 

1 hour ago, Falko said:

GM is great about adding up all kinds of rebates in their ads that 90% of the population couldn't qualify for all. I once saw an ad that had $500 loyalty cash for a returning GM customer along with $1000 rebate if you had a competitor's lease. Hmmmm..... 

Don't forget to register with your local Farm Bureau.  Its a $40 membership (at least here) and in some states you qualify for $500-750 in rebates that they don't advertise.  You have to be a member for 30 days but if you are shopping (or ordering) and you have it in your area it could be easy money.

Well I was going to finalize my F150 today and all of a sudden the Chevy guy who had my truck came back to the table with another 5k off his number and now I'm thinking this is my new truck.... One of the 2 deals will be done tomorrow!

Silverado.PNG