Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Tow Rig - Ordering Next Week

MustGoFast

10 hours ago, RyanB said:

Congrats.  Check the hitch on that F150.  Some have been known to have a similar weight rating to the Armada.

Listing & Tow Package both include a std class 4 hitch - verified on lot :)... I couldn't imagine anything else given they are rated to tow beyond even a WD Class 3.

3.5 will tow a little better with the 70 additional lb-ft of torque and lower curve, BUT .. the coyote has a lot more potential for mods (a lot more) while the 3.5 is pretty tweaked (IMO).  5.0 is cheaper and has a much more attractive V8 note.  I've only had the 3.5 a couple weeks but completely understand the decision to go 5.0.  Might do the same on my next one.  Nice looking truck!

No Raptor. :(  Price is much higher but the resale sure is a hell of a lot better - that and a Diesel are about the only trucks worth buying new right now IMO; everything else tanks in value too quickly.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pauley71 said:

3.5 will tow a little better with the 70 additional lb-ft of torque and lower curve, BUT .. the coyote has a lot more potential for mods (a lot more) while the 3.5 is pretty tweaked (IMO).  5.0 is cheaper and has a much more attractive V8 note.  I've only had the 3.5 a couple weeks but completely understand the decision to go 5.0.  Might do the same on my next one.  Nice looking truck!

Have you seen the output of the new Lincoln?  Or, better yet, the Ford GT?  There is still PLENTY left in the 3.5.

And the EB will tow a LOT better than the 5.0.  More HP.  More TQ.  And available at a lower, flatter power band.

I understand the exhaust note part.  And the cost part.  And the 5.0 is  good engine.  I am not a Ford guy.  But I like the EcoBoost.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

No Raptor. :(  Price is much higher but the resale sure is a hell of a lot better - that and a Diesel are about the only trucks worth buying new right now IMO; everything else tanks in value too quickly.  

@Nitrousbird is the word.. And I like he said Diesel. That being said Congrats again on your F1 Fitty be sure to get the extended warranty (i always do) and put some rock tamers on the back to protect the boat..:cheers:

1 hour ago, RyanB said:

Have you seen the output of the new Lincoln?  Or, better yet, the Ford GT?  There is still PLENTY left in the 3.5.

And the EB will tow a LOT better than the 5.0.  More HP.  More TQ.  And available at a lower, flatter power band.

I understand the exhaust note part.  And the cost part.  And the 5.0 is  good engine.  I am not a Ford guy.  But I like the EcoBoost.

Less HP, More TQ - higher tow rating, but I cna't see a difference at my tow weight.  They have the same 0-60 time and get the same real world gas mileage.  I prefer the cost/sound/"feel" of the V8 (have an ecoboost now).

2 hours ago, alpensurf23 said:

@Nitrousbird is the word.. And I like he said Diesel. That being said Congrats again on your F1 Fitty be sure to get the extended warranty (i always do) and put some rock tamers on the back to protect the boat..:cheers:

Ford owners are the most dissatisfied extended warranty purchasers,  lowest avg cost of repairs and lowest covered cost in extended period, therefore the dissatisfaction

number one satisfied extended warranty purchasers: bmw, Dodge , Mercedes 

back to the mans sweeeeeet truck!!!!

Edited by granddaddy55

I’ve never owned a ford till my 2.7 eco 16’ XLT premium( have you seen the itty bitty 18’ radio screens) no console no leather no big 20 rims in mine buuuut

im overjoyed with it 

wife loves her 18 GT Vert premium 10 speed, she sais I have car envy bad

@MustGoFast did you get the 10 speed , a lot of money and development went in to that snd it works perfect, you gotta see it downshift on its own in sport mode, super aggressive 

Edited by granddaddy55
1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

Ford owners are the most dissatisfied extended warranty purchasers,  lowest avg cost of repairs and lowest covered cost in extended period, therefore the dissatisfaction

Source of these claims?  I'm genuinely curious.  

I have 2015 ECO 2.7

6 hours ago, pauley71 said:

Youre right on towing with an eco and the availabile mods on the Coyote, but the consensus in the ford community favors the ecoboost in a power output per dollar.  

A 93 pump gas tune on a 3.5 ECO can reliably add 100 horse and equal torque for $500 and 30 minutes.  More aggressive tunes go much bigger on those numbers.   

To achieve the same with a coyote requires several thousand in bolt on - including a supercharger kit.  Bigger power, thousands of dollars, and lots of labor.

Just food for thought.  My ECO has more than enough power stock but it's been amazing to see what people are getting out of them with ONLY a tune.

Congrats! Looks like a nice truck. I had a 14 5.0 and now have a 16 2.7 and would never go back to the v8, especially for towing. 

9 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

:lol:  Yeper I have had the extended warranty on my last three SUV's and yet to have a clam! The package I have on my new Navigator is the best I have had as far as coverage and one of the cheapest I bought. It even covers light bulbs. Still I sleep well knowing if something does go wrong its covered. But the insurance packages are sold because they make money!  But then if I think back the only vehicle I have owned over my time only one has had any big time issues. And that could have had something to do with the way the owner treated it! Big time street racing, way way back in the early seventy's.

10 hours ago, Pra4sno said:

Source of these claims?  I'm genuinely curious.  

I have 2015 ECO 2.7

Pretty sure that this info was pulled out of his backside.......

• Like 3
1 hour ago, RyanB said:

Pretty sure that this info was pulled out of his backside.......

Seems like it, but maybe there's info to back it up.  

My experience has been that my extended service plan was some of the best money I've ever spent.  I had trans rebuild work and cargo lamp assembly replaced JUST out of factory warranty.  Over four grand - nice rental cars provided both times and $0 out of pocket from me.  The repairs on this truck are anything but cheap.  

When I bought the truck lightly used, the dealership quoted me $3400 for an 8yr/100k Platinum ESP.  Fortunately I passed their offer - the F150 forums had great info on which Ford dealers to call.  I contacted a high volume dealer and got the same ESP for right around $1600.  I'm confident I'll be in for more work in the next 6 years, but the 250% return on this warranty already has proven to me its smart money.  

Props to the OP on the new truck!  That Coyote V8 is a thing of a beauty and the new 10spd is going to make finding that perfect towing ratio a breeze.  

Edited by Pra4sno

Of course I got a call on a pretty Silverado yesterday so I'm going to have to check that out (in stock too) before I order this one....  I like it a lot, but the deal on the Chevy is crap compared to ford right now :(

11 minutes ago, MustGoFast said:

Of course I got a call on a pretty Silverado yesterday so I'm going to have to check that out (in stock too) before I order this one....  I like it a lot, but the deal on the Chevy is crap compared to ford right now :(

Well you get what pay for.....

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, onewake09 said:

Well you get what pay for.....

Not sure I follow - I see them as equivalent options (Ford slightly better engine, Chevy better internal eTainment, interior slight edge ford, exterior look edge chevy) - Neutral ratings (carandddriver, motortrend) on ride comfort, towing, performance go ford, reliability considered a wash.....

Price is the same really only difference is the residual value driving my 3 year lease (I don't buy as I swap cars about every 2-3years)   The 4pt difference in residual though adds up in a hurry ($75/mo + a higher interest rate)...  Oh well I'm going to see how bad they want to move that truck on friday (damn week is too busy)

Edited by MustGoFast
ahopkins22LSV

I’m surprised you aren’t getting a killer deal on a Silverado right now. They are blowing them out here. Maybe call some metro Detroit dealers? The new Silverado was released earlier this year and will be hitting lots mid summer or fall I’d expect. 

2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I’m surprised you aren’t getting a killer deal on a Silverado right now. They are blowing them out here. Maybe call some metro Detroit dealers? The new Silverado was released earlier this year and will be hitting lots mid summer or fall I’d expect. 

Anyone you'd recommend dealer wise?  What do you consider blowing them out?  How far below invoice?

ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, MustGoFast said:

Anyone you'd recommend dealer wise?  What do you consider blowing them out?  How far below invoice?

Below invoice or below msrp? Most people don’t have access to invoice pricing and if you are getting below invoice pricing I’d suggest buying the truck today. 

But I’d take a look at Feldman. They are a huge dealer in the area and have 3 or 4 Chevy dealers now. Scrolling quickly through their inventory I saw 8-12k below msrp after incentives. You may not apply for all of those because same are gm employee discount but if you negotiate enough you can get them low. But it’s better to do at the end of the month.