Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bakes is great help, just like TMC and Axis forum members say

Wish I would have gotten his name but the counter guy at bakes was super helpful with explanations on the maintenance I wanted to do and how to do it for my impeller. Told me to try a 5/16ths nut driver before breaking out the 1/4 inch ratchet or anything else to avoid possible damage to brass hex head screws.  Recommended the $49 puller I wanted and said that’s what he uses and plenty of room to use it in stern . Now I’ll have to scrape off the ridiculous sealer from the cover and pump housing my dealer used in addition to the gasket. He said gasket only is designed to depress and seal.  Thanks stealership for leaving me s chore of cleaning or other to fix my boat like they did every other single time they touched my boat . And I get this one 2+ years after parting ways. 

He did tell me not to bother with the “fuel filter”(not what actually called on top of fuel pump/sender) on top of fuel tank or bother with the “sock” filters at bottom of the unit.  201* years forward with monsoon 330 only need it if there is a problem.  That’s Malibu’s take on it snd he relays same to all who inquire

Edited by granddaddy55

Bake's is pretty awesome and those of us that live nearby are damn lucky :).  It was likely Andrew but that's the awesome thing about Bakes... pretty much everyone on Paul's team is a rockstar so it doesn't matter who helps ya out.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Someone was posting how they use bakes but found their impeller puller on Amazon , it was more on amazon, but with most folks on prime snd $100 minimum at bakes  for shipping then a guess a dollar is a dollar?  

No free advice on amazon ! Pay the shipping or buy more stuff!

Edited by granddaddy55

Same experience here.  Dealt with Andrew at Bake's back in February.  I contacted my local dealer about ordering some stock dash parts.  I got no reply so contacted Bake's due to comments here.  They fixed me up with all the part numbers I needed, sent me an invoice, I sent payment thru paypal.  In a few days, a box showed up from Malibu.  The box was missing one item.  Contacted Andrew about it.  He immediately got it straightened out with Malibu and another box from Malibu showed up with the missing part.  A+ all around!

• Like 1

Stopped by their shop a couple years back when we were still new to the tow boat world and they were more than helpful with everything. Just basic knowledge and little tips they shared. Definitely stopping next time I drive through even if I’m not after anything particular.