Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hyperlite Hi Fi

racer808

I've ridden one before & loved it, so I ordered one last night.  Can't wait to ride it.  53" best skim board ever.  Just wanted to brag.  No one around my office listens to me.  Nor do they care.

Edited by racer808
  • Like 4

The one I rode was the loosest, yet stable skim boards I've ever ridden.  Easy to spin, recovers well when falling back, poppy off the lip.  It is deff my favorite skim board to date

57 minutes ago, racer808 said:

The one I rode was the loosest, yet stable skim boards I've ever ridden.  Easy to spin, recovers well when falling back, poppy off the lip.  It is deff my favorite skim board to date

Mine's the "Party Shark" version that reminds me of a '70s pinball machine.

2016-Hyperlite-Party-Shark-Limited-Editi

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, MadMan said:

Mine's the "Party Shark" version that reminds me of a '70s pinball machine.

2016-Hyperlite-Party-Shark-Limited-Editi

One of the sickest boards I have ever seen! 

I may need to look into this Hi Fi. 

I am looking for a good stable skim board. I am still riding the Hyperlite Broadcast that I learned on a few years ago. I am so comfortable on it and I can spin it fine.

How do you guys think the Hi Fi compares to the Broadcast?

Is that really only 53" (4'5") long?  It has a tapered tail too.  I thought my Hyperlight Shim was short at 55" (4'7") with a wider tail.  Do you need to be light to ride the  Hi Fi?

No.  Guy I rode with is 180-190 his girl can't be more than 130, probably 120.  They both can do spins, 180's, transfers, get decent air.  I am 200 & had a blast on it, my wife is 145 & she loved it too, although a little too lose for her since she doesn't really have any coordination for these types of sports but she still rode it well enough.  I was on fence about size too & thought about getting the 56" but after research any bigger than 53" defeats the purpose of a high end skim board & actual skim boards are quite smaller.  We still have other boards, Butterbar 56" (wish I would have gotten the 53" now), Cobra Cat for wife & my surf style is an Inland Surfer Sweet Spot.  Be a nice addition & probably sell the Butterbar this summer.

• Like 2

Well you might have made a buyer out of me! Is it built well? Is it sturdy? My broadcast is a tank. I will definitely check out the Hi Fi. It is sounding pretty good to me.

The HiFi super sturdy, but a different construction than the broadcast. The broadcast is compression molded like a wakeboard, so it is heavy but basically indestructible. The HiFi is a much lighter weight, slightly more fragile board - WAY more responsive than the broadcast. 

I thought the Hi FI is carbon something or another construction?  It is really light though!  Sucks I'm going to be able to stare at it for another month, month & a half

Good to know it is lighter but still sturdy. That Broadcast is a tank in every aspect. Weight, strength, maneuverability, all of it. I do like it tho. I am pricing out Hi Fi as we speak. If anyone knows of anyone selling let me know! Or any 2017 models for cheaper.

2 hours ago, CBray4 said:

Good to know it is lighter but still sturdy. That Broadcast is a tank in every aspect. Weight, strength, maneuverability, all of it. I do like it tho. I am pricing out Hi Fi as we speak. If anyone knows of anyone selling let me know! Or any 2017 models for cheaper.

I ordered a Blem just like this one, much cheaper than new

https://www.evo.com/outlet/wakesurf-boards/hyperlite-hi-fi-board-blem

Edited by racer808
ahopkins22LSV

A blend is a visual defect that does not affect performance or structure. Great way to save money. My slalom ski and current surf board are blems and honestly I have no idea what is the blemish. 

This board sounds awesome though. Will have to give it a demo this year. 

I am 6'4" about 200lbs, my wife will also ride it if possible she is about 5'4" 110lbs. Looks like @racer808 is around the same weight as me and looks like you have had people ride it that are around my wife's size. You guys think the 53" will be fine? I am a decent surfer. I can do 360's and carve up and down the wave fine, my wife is about the same skill as me also. I have had no issues staying with the wave with every board I have ridden(that list is very short). 

Blems are usually in perfect condition with the exception of a paint imperfection.  I've bought two of them and could barely tell what the issue was.  Also, will anyone else notice? 

• Like 2

I bought two blem boards from Evo last month (Hyperlite Shim, Hyperlite Broadcast) and absolutely cannot tell where the blemishes are; I looked them over and over and can't see a thing. Great deals at Evo.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, CBray4 said:

I am 6'4" about 200lbs, my wife will also ride it if possible she is about 5'4" 110lbs. Looks like @racer808 is around the same weight as me and looks like you have had people ride it that are around my wife's size. You guys think the 53" will be fine? I am a decent surfer. I can do 360's and carve up and down the wave fine, my wife is about the same skill as me also. I have had no issues staying with the wave with every board I have ridden(that list is very short). 

YES!  You will most likely love it.  You're going to lose a lot of performance if you got the 56" & based on your skill level you'll be fine, wife will be fine too.  Even if she's not, it'll be too late, Daddy got a new board, what she gonna do?  But seriously, like I said, the couple we ride with sometimes are close to us all & they ride the s**t out of that board.

Just now, racer808 said:

YES!  You will most likely love it.  You're going to lose a lot of performance if you got the 56" & based on your skill level you'll be fine, wife will be fine too.  Even if she's not, it'll be too late, Daddy got a new board, what she gonna do?  But seriously, like I said, the couple we ride with sometimes are close to us all & they ride the s**t out of that board.

Good news! I may be ordering me a board today. Depending on if the wife agrees or not. Wish me luck!

I already know what she is going to say. "Do you really need another board? The one we ride now is fine and I really like it!" UGH!!! I'm a newly wed. I need help with all of this marriage stuff. haha

34 minutes ago, CBray4 said:

Good news! I may be ordering me a board today. Depending on if the wife agrees or not. Wish me luck!

I already know what she is going to say. "Do you really need another board? The one we ride now is fine and I really like it!" UGH!!! I'm a newly wed. I need help with all of this marriage stuff. haha

Do what I did, add it to the cart, begin check out process with Paypal, then start "babe, I think I'm think I'm having a manic episode, about to buy something", then click buy & let it take you back to Evo, then sit there with your finger on the mouse with the final submit to Evo & be like "why aren't you stopping me, I'm buying this" then click the button & blame her for not stopping your over spending.  Works great in my house!