Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

From Yamaha to 18 Axis A24

Leatherneck33

@Leatherneck33 Nice work! Decadence flooring option is removable like your carpet with the added ability to not mold or stink like standard carpet, something I might suggest. I and others like the feel beneath feet and I believe stays cooler in the sun. Congrats regardless, just a suggestion and an easy add. Again nice build.

Edited by alpensurf23
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, alpensurf23 said:

@Leatherneck33 Nice work! Decadence flooring option is removable like your carpet with the added ability to not mold or stink like standard carpet, something I might suggest. I and others like the feel beneath feet and I believe stays cooler in the sun. Congrats regardless, just a suggestion and an easy add. Again nice build.

Thank you.  We had carpet in our Yamaha and it held up well.  We kept the boat stored indoors without the cover on it, so the carpet dries out well.  If not, I already have the Gator Step link saved in my favorites :)

5 minutes ago, Leatherneck33 said:

Thank you.  We had carpet in our Yamaha and it held up well.  We kept the boat stored indoors without the cover on it, so the carpet dries out well.  If not, I already have the Gator Step link saved in my favorites :)

:salute:Good call on plan B always. I find the decadence easier to clean and replace if needed. Are you getting a build book? Some dealers do that regardless for clients.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, alpensurf23 said:

:salute:Good call on plan B always. I find the decadence easier to clean and replace if needed. Are you getting a build book? Some dealers do that regardless for clients.

Yes, we are getting a build book.  Also going to see about making a trip out there with the kids to see the boat being built.  

1 minute ago, Leatherneck33 said:

Congrats on yours as well.  Looks like we can compare notes on the new A24.

Just started 2018 A24 Ballast thread... You can never start to early...:cheers:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Leatherneck33 said:

Congrats on yours as well.  Looks like we can compare notes on the new A24.

Absolutely! Would love to! I did not order PW2 so we can see what the differences are in performance. I am going on my factory tour next Wednesday. I will let you know how it is. I have heard it is a great experience. 

4 hours ago, Leatherneck33 said:

Not this snap in carpet, love the carpet and backing when dry , when soaking wet the backing is like a diaper and gets saturated and will not dry on the floor of your boat and it will mildew badly and when you clean that mildew you will degrade the backing .  When you do remove it you still have snaps and they hurt.  

Spill a beer and let that ride for the day and you will use a lot of things like diluted vinegar to take out the smell which it will but even dilluted it will degrade. The beer soaks in to the diaper backing and it’s hard to get out.  Get soft flooring or tatami mats which are easy to hose down and dry out out of the boat.  The carpet because of the saturated back takes forever in the sun, carpet fibers dries quick the diaper does not. 

Again I love the soft feel of the carpet, I hate the maintenance to keep it nice.  but the degreding of the backing is now starting to ruin one of the snap attachments where if I’m not careful it will pull out of backing when I unsnap it.  So basically I don’t use it and rolled up both pieces and put in plastic bag in attic, break it out for seldom winter trips

CHANGE YOUR MIND!!!

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

My kids, my brother and I did the factory tour today to see the boat, even though it just came out of the mold minutes before we got there.  It was great to see the process and I was really surprised to see the Axis going down the same assembly line as the Malibu.  I guess I expected 2 separate lines.  Everyone we talked with was super nice and it was great to see the boat.

image.thumb.png.75732438145e217e68c104ad27b9fd75.pngimage.thumb.png.2932eb132bfb1d18d0ca45310ce89f77.png

Edited by Leatherneck33
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, CBray4 said:

@Leatherneck33 That factory was a great experience! So cool seeing how everything goes together. So you should be getting your boat here in a couple weeks or so??

Yes, it should be done at the factory next Monday, hopefully at my dealership by the end of the week, and I can pick it up the week of 4/15. Two weeks is going to feel like months. 

43 minutes ago, Leatherneck33 said:

Yes, it should be done at the factory next Monday, hopefully at my dealership by the end of the week, and I can pick it up the week of 4/15. Two weeks is going to feel like months. 

Yes it will! Haha 

• Like 1
Just now, CBray4 said:

Oh man! Looks awesome! That dark red on the interior looks killer! I bet you can almost taste it!!! hah

It was like Christmas when I saw the updated pictures this morning.  My guess is they will water test it today.  

Well yesterday was my birthday and I got a text telling me my boat arrived to the dealership, so I had to go check it out. Can’t wait to get it out on the water. 

C2AE1D44-609A-492F-9904-29FDC9E5FAA7.jpeg

ED2EE8DD-7B68-4966-A0B3-8FC0612A0E2F.jpeg

CE53E52A-C63D-4922-9551-7AFADC898553.jpeg

ED35C779-2C95-4F9A-9BA2-004975B798A5.jpeg

• Like 4