Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pavati offers Duramax diesel from factory

spikew919

If the wakes and price were competitive w Malibu there would be lots of reasons to consider an aluminum boat.  

Just seems like they missed the mark with alleged poor wakes and high prices.  I wish they could compete because I really like the idea.  I'm still hoping to see one in person someday. 

I'd just as soon buy a 30' Cobalt cruiser. The wake would be huge, you get a head, kitchen, a fridge, and a place to nappy. Install some aftermarket wake tabs and you'd be stylin'. #tsunamininja

I'd go for one but need a traditional bow, affraid of sporking folks. Reminds me of cafeteria sporks from middle school ha.

Colbalt waves are progressing... Hmmm

• 1 year later...
On 2/27/2018 at 10:38 AM, cowwboy said:

There is a pavati in southern Oklahoma. A co-workers cousin owns it. He got the 21 new then had it totaled while at a nautique dealer (vandalism).
Co-worker said he is on the list for a new al26.
I would love to have gotten it from salvage.

It had been hit with a sledge hammer in the side, fairly easy fix for an aluminum boat.

What lake do they usually go to?

On 3/1/2018 at 8:43 AM, The Hulk said:

I'd go for one but need a traditional bow, affraid of sporking folks. Reminds me of cafeteria sporks from middle school ha.

Colbalt waves are progressing... Hmmm

But no way you would like one because every under cushion cabin storage area had hard tank ballast in it, zero and I mean zero cabin storage , only storage was in the bow under cushions , it was nice but definitely not enough

5 minutes ago, TomH said:

Was walking down the toy aisles at Target with my 6 year old when I saw a remote control Pavati of all things.....  https://www.target.com/p/pavati-remote-control-rc-wakeboard-boat-1-18-scale-red/-/A-53520603

That one I can afford. I wonder it it rolls coal??

• Like 3
6 hours ago, semi said:

Problem with this is, if you plan to fill up on a lake somewhere, i have NEVER seen diesel fuel as an option. 

Bigger lakes that have larger boats like yachts and stuff have it everywhere.  Fort Loudon (local lake) also is a major waterway for barges.  Watts Bar is where the 'Bu factory is, just downstream of the dam.  One day I'll go through the locks and take the boat that way.

There is a Pavati here on Lake Austin. I saw it sitting at a private dock one day and did a creep by. It was a beautiful boat. But no wake boat is worth $250-300k. That is just insane. 

5 hours ago, BABz said:

There is a Pavati here on Lake Austin. I saw it sitting at a private dock one day and did a creep by. It was a beautiful boat. But no wake boat is worth $250-300k. That is just insane. 

At 250-300k I think I'd be getting something other than a surf boat, .. a yacht would put out a better wave and come with a full bedroom and galley! 

They are sweet but a bit overkill, resale would be horrible I would think .. dang I still want one haha. It's def has the WTF look/factor going on! 

On 2/27/2018 at 6:05 AM, TenTwentyOne said:

Only 242k before options, and you buy factory direct! Best part, is that the factory will not budge on price under MSRP....... so your optioned AL24 will cost you a mere 300k, with no possibility of any discount. For your 300k you get-

1) No dealer network for repairs and parts.

2) Terrible dependability rep

3) Mediocre wakes and waves (based on limited reviews)

4) stickers for the whole side of he boat.

no idea why these aren't selling like hot cakes.

I do have to applaud them on build construction, and offering a diesel though. If geared and propped correctly, a Duramax will drastically outperform any of the gasser options in this application, and would burn 30% less fuel to do so.

Not to mention, they are ugly as sin!