Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pavati offers Duramax diesel from factory

spikew919

Only 242k before options, and you buy factory direct! Best part, is that the factory will not budge on price under MSRP....... so your optioned AL24 will cost you a mere 300k, with no possibility of any discount. For your 300k you get-

1) No dealer network for repairs and parts.

2) Terrible dependability rep

3) Mediocre wakes and waves (based on limited reviews)

4) stickers for the whole side of he boat.

no idea why these aren't selling like hot cakes.

I do have to applaud them on build construction, and offering a diesel though. If geared and propped correctly, a Duramax will drastically outperform any of the gasser options in this application, and would burn 30% less fuel to do so.

My biggest issue has always been availability of diesel on most fresh water lakes. I dont think diesel is offered on many lakes. If it is, maybe only one station? on a huge lake, that could he a heck of a haul just to find fuel. f you are a trailer boater, and burn through a tank, it could be an hour or two round trip to trailer back up, head to station for refill, then back to relaunch. If you live on the lake and dock on your property, you are stuck with transporting your own fuel. if you slip or dry rack in a marina, forget it, you wont be hauling fuel down the docks to refill.  

• Like 2

my dealer was selling Pavatis before picking up Malibu ... when I talked to him in 2016 - he just sold his demo boat to ... AUSTRALIA ... because nobody here wanted to buy the dang thing because it was underpowered ... he was pretty happy to see it go ...

their pricing is just out of whack - 1500 bucks for shrink wrap? 

Anyway - back to diesel - there was a guy back in 2014 or 15 who was working for Epic and bought his own hull and put a Hyundai diesel engine into the boat.  Listed it on onlyinboards for months but the efficiency was around 2GPH ...  here are the specs ...

https://www.performancediesel.com/wp-content/uploads/S270-Series-Technical-datasheet-ENG-Web.pdf

beat that between 2000 and 2600rpm ... 57.6kgm = 564nm

and I bet this is cheaper than the duramax because the guy wanted at the end 48K for his epic with the diesel engine ... so I doubt he paid 30K for it

You'll need to sign-up to view this thread, but this dude put a Duramax in a Mastercraft X80 and reported that it ended up costing around $20k all said and done. Don't really think I ever saw how it was performing in terms of power output, efficiency, etc...

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/155-site-information/60-vendor-info-specials/438905-mastercraft-duramax-project-started.html

There is a pavati in southern Oklahoma. A co-workers cousin owns it. He got the 21 new then had it totaled while at a nautique dealer (vandalism).
Co-worker said he is on the list for a new al26.
I would love to have gotten it from salvage.

It had been hit with a sledge hammer in the side, fairly easy fix for an aluminum boat.

32 minutes ago, cowwboy said:

There is a pavati in southern Oklahoma. A co-workers cousin owns it. He got the 21 new then had it totaled while at a nautique dealer (vandalism).
Co-worker said he is on the list for a new al26.
I would love to have gotten it from salvage.

It had been hit with a sledge hammer in the side, fairly easy fix for an aluminum boat.

DUDE! That is nuts! If he end up getting that AL26 I would love to go out on it! 

There was one up here in Canada on Kalamalka Lake last year, somewhat regularly.  Couldn't believe it when I saw it for the first time.  Somebody's got way too much cash burning a hole in their pocket.

I crawled around a couple when first came out. Not impressed at all with interior/ finish. The aluminum hull appears bomber yet i still believe no way in heck Im beaching a $300000 boat. The tower is ridiculous in size it blocks your side views horribly. I thought the AL24 was a behemoth and now they introduce the AL26..... How bout something closer in size to reality. The company started building drift boats now the build aircraft carriers...