Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Smart watch to control music???

maceywedge

Does anyone use a smart watch to control the music in their boat?  If so, is there a particular watch you would recommend?  I would want a smart watch that is waterproof so I can change songs while everyone is floating in the water.  It's a rough life huh?  Thanks in advance.

I use an Apple Watch, works well with Spotify and Pandora, which are the only two music services I use on the boat.  Totally waterproof, and works great on the platform with my phone in the holder next to the steering wheel. 

• 2 years later...

Anyone else do this while surfing? This is ridiculous but could there be a way to setup a 2G wifi router, linking watch and phone with boat to control music while surfing? Anyone try? Might work! 

You shouldn't need a router, BT connection should work at surfing distance (might need your phone near the back of the boat.)  Should work with a Galaxy Active or Apple watch paired to a phone that is playing spotify, etc.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 11:36 PM, Raleigh said:

Anyone else do this while surfing? This is ridiculous but could there be a way to setup a 2G wifi router, linking watch and phone with boat to control music while surfing? Anyone try? Might work! 

wife uses apple watch when surfing if she feels like doing so without driver doing it for her

Got a Samsung active 2 in lieu of Apple Watch. It will advance music forward and back as well as volume. I use Spotify and I can’t select the music on Spotify, only advance songs. I’m happy overall 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, thebanker said:

Garmin has several watched that will pair with Fusion head units.  Uses Ant3 technology.  Communicates with the head unit not the phone.

That’s cool. I don’t think it works with the head unit on my 2016