Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skiers pier now part of Tommy's

powderjay

ahopkins22LSV

Tommy’s is running it now. And yes I think it’s going to be good. I’ve heard they already brought in a new service manager. And the Colorado, Orlando, Grand Rapids and northern MI store have all been helping out and will continue from what I understand through the transition. 

Oh, I also heard they were making some pretty good deals at the boat show. Guys were very nice when we talked with them. Looking forward to working with them for future events!

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 2

With so many locations, Tommy's has to be the largest dealer, right? 

It's interesting to see the way some of these dealers are expanding.  I'm sure I'm missing some, but off the top of my head

• Tommy's
  • Boulder
  • Tilly's

They've all been gobbling up other dealers and expanding their footprints.  Very interesting development in the industry.  

• Like 3

this is good news for us Michiganders.  I haven't had to take my boat to a dealership yet, nor do I have a set dealership either.  When I first moved to southern, MI I heard there were some issues with Skiers Pier, but that was 5 years ago.

I'm totally pumped about this transition! I have a long history with Skiers Pier and none of it has really been negative, but also they have never given me a truly wow experience.   After talking to Skiers Pier first and not really "feeling the love" from them I ended up buying my last boat from Tommy's and I was beyond blown away with the level of attentiveness and accommodation they put into the sale!  I am excited to see a lot of that Tommy's attitude rub off onto Skiers Pier.  I can tell you this was already apparent at the DET boat show, the Tommy's team was there in force from all over the country and they were a pleasure to hang out with.   I also hope to see Tommy's influence in the pro-shop at Skiers Pier, which always kind of struck me as a bit of a joke in the past, they never seeming to have what I wanted or needed.  From my experience at the other Tommy's locations they tend to deliver that "WOW" factor in their pro-shop and I hope that also finds its way into the Pier!

• 1 month later...