Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 24 MXZ vs 2016 G23 (wakeboarding only)

GaryShandling

Which boat has the better wakeboard wake?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which boat has the better wakeboard wake?

• 2017 24MXZ
    • 2017 G23

2 hours ago, alpensurf23 said:

just a question and part of title thats all. "Relax Francis..." :salute: (Stripes)

I got ya...must be that echo chamber effect. I made a recommendation based on the OP’s own words. No recommendation as to the completely arbitrary comparison/opinions between two boats waves. And I’m the one that needs to relax. 

I’m guessing your opinion is if you’ve never been behind a MXZ, your comment is somehow lessened. I’m guessing you believe if you’ve never been a teacher...you can’t have an opinion on school policy. I’m guessing you believe if you’ve never been in the military...you can’t have an opinion on military policy. Etc...

Demo the boats and purchase the one that makes you and your family happy. I don’t put much stock into the opinions of strangers. When you spend this kind of money, of course their boat is awesome and the wave is the best. Defining the best wave is completely arbitrary in the first place.

Now back to your regularly scheduled echo chamber...I mean program.

Edited by buzzard
  • Like 1

@buzzard:rofl: Love your sense of humor but really was just asking a simple question none of that other stuff you assume applies. Sorry for any past Boat PTSD you might have experienced . Was just asking a question and humor in first post apparently misunderstood and triggered your Boat PTSD. :cheers:

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, alpensurf23 said:

@buzzard:rofl: Love your sense of humor but really was just asking a simple question none of that other stuff you assume applies. Sorry for any past Boat PTSD you might have experienced . Was just asking a question and humor in first post apparently misunderstood and triggered your Boat PTSD. :cheers:

Comment then deflect...comment then deflect...rinse and repeat.

But it’s all good bro...👍🏼🍺 I was totally kidding with my response...went right over your head! OMGWTFBBQ. Cool story bro. Cheers! 😃

Good luck on your decision @GaryShandling

• Like 1
On 2/28/2018 at 3:43 PM, buzzard said:

@alpensurf23 Why would I demo the MXZ?

I think his question was to qualify your comparison. You stated the G was a “sure thing”  as in there was no comparison.  But without first hand experience how could you truly make an informed decision.

notice I made the same recommendation but qualified my statement by saying I haven’t experienced the MXZ, but came to my opinion based on 23 and 25 LSV experience. 

i think that’s what readers were looking for

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Stevo said:

I think his question was to qualify your comparison. You stated the G was a “sure thing”  as in there was no comparison.  But without first hand experience how could you truly make an informed decision.

notice I made the same recommendation but qualified my statement by saying I haven’t experienced the MXZ, but came to my opinion based on 23 and 25 LSV experience. 

i think that’s what readers were looking for

You guys are a bit sensitive. @GaryShandling said in HIS OWN WORDS in reference to the G23: 

“I believe the G23 is the undisputed king...”

@GaryShandling said in HIS OWN WORDS in reference to the MXZ24:

”after the redesign maybe we have a real competitor now?”

He stated given his remote location that demo’s would be difficult. If money is similar...if dealers are similar... How can the G23 NOT be the sure thing in HIS OWN WORDS???  I’m not making any reference to fit and finish, no reference to performance, etc...because those things are incredibly subjective. You guys can tell him everything about the MXZ is far superior to the G23...that’s not my thing. 

Given what he told us in his first post in this thread...I stand by my first post in this thread. If you guys want to read more into my post or completely mis-characterize it...that’s on you. 

10 hours ago, buzzard said:

You guys are a bit sensitive. @GaryShandling said in HIS OWN WORDS in reference to the G23: 

“I believe the G23 is the undisputed king...”

@GaryShandling said in HIS OWN WORDS in reference to the MXZ24:

”after the redesign maybe we have a real competitor now?”

He stated given his remote location that demo’s would be difficult. If money is similar...if dealers are similar... How can the G23 NOT be the sure thing in HIS OWN WORDS???  I’m not making any reference to fit and finish, no reference to performance, etc...because those things are incredibly subjective. You guys can tell him everything about the MXZ is far superior to the G23...that’s not my thing. 

Given what he told us in his first post in this thread...I stand by my first post in this thread. If you guys want to read more into my post or completely mis-characterize it...that’s on you. 

Easy there fella,  if I learned anything in sensitivity training class , it was when an individual lashes out when they are blindly wrong then they may just need a hug. 

Im here for you pal, I need you to know that.

The OP questions are about the MXZ. Does the new hull design stack up with the G? If you are gonna make a blanket assumption, just qualify it with your experience. If that experience is none, that helps people consider or weigh your opinion with or against theirs.

thats all

• Like 1
On 3/3/2018 at 8:55 AM, Stevo said:

Easy there fella,  if I learned anything in sensitivity training class , it was when an individual lashes out when they are blindly wrong then they may just need a hug. 

Im here for you pal, I need you to know that.

The OP questions are about the MXZ. Does the new hull design stack up with the G? If you are gonna make a blanket assumption, just qualify it with your experience. If that experience is none, that helps people consider or weigh your opinion with or against theirs.

thats all

I have both a ‘17 24MXZ and a ‘16 G23. They have the exact same hours and the exact same fuel levels at all times. I keep ballast the same between the two. I surf and wakeboard them simultaneously. I have identical twins with headsets as my drivers.  We only surf or wakeboard in morning or evening butter and in 15+’ of water.  At the end of each set, my minions wash and wax each boat so that their running surface exerts the optimum hydrophobic properties. All of this allows me to have the exact same height and length of wave.

I’ve yet to give my opinion...but as you can see I’m more than qualified. I’m the best kind of fanboy, I own both brands.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Few data points to the resale, QAQC and boat flip discussions.  Just sold my 2014 550hp G23 last week.

Bought custom ordered new $124k Aug ‘13.  Sold $104k Feb ‘18.  375hrs.  Near perfect condition, except 1 dime sized gel chip.  Used for heavy 3000-5000lb wakesurfing.

Put approx $4k additional into stereo DIY Rev10s, big sub, 5x SRM-29s, extra plumbed ballast 1100s, transom lights and Triple axel upgrade.

Qaqc issues over 375hrs.  1 on the water hard fail:  Standard red 1, 2, 1+2 Perko switch completely broke in half and came apart.  DIY repair in 3hrs.  Else, minor consmetic and a few other issues worked off each season. No systemic major issues.

Nautique warranty Service Feedback-  ~90% all away from original home Dealer as I move often:

Chessie Marine- liars, crooks and hacks.  Run away till it gets new ownership. Terrible.

Poplar Point- crooks and hacks, run away. Backwoods “you didn’t buy yer boat here”.

TNT Watersports- A+.  Great group of guys  with a true connect to Watersports you can trust your boat and money with. bent over backwards to help me solve a squeaky belt that was driving me nuts, well beyond warranty. 

Buxton- A++ best in the business from start to end of ownership.

Every single service and warranty request was honored and done well by TNT and Buxton.  When Chessie and Polar Pointe went south in the VA/DC area, Nautique customer service made other arrangements for my service needs. Overall service and warranty, away from home dealer “A-”.  When things went south Nautique made it right.

And I’ve achieved banned from posting status on PN because I openly criticize the website owner for tipping the website to his dealers and sponsors and personal profits vs the boat owners lol.

Time to look at 2019s!

Edited by nyryan2001

Go demo the boat. If you like it buy it! Wakes are a personal experience and many experienced boarders will have very different opinions of the same boats.

21 hours ago, wakebrdr94 said:

May not be the 24MXZ, but have you seen the cover shot for the alliance mag?  Wake is an A24.  If we’re talking wakes, The “nautique mystique” is a status symbol these days.  (Although not sure what that status is)  

http://www.alliancewake.com/latest-issue/18-3-april-issue-web-feature/

its actually a T23 i asked Alex Graydon