Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cooler size

jdiaz78

I haven't picked up my 2016 25LSV yet due to the weather, but I was wondering what size cooler I can place under the seat?  Will an RTIC 45 fit underneath were the drop in cooler is supposed to go?  Thanks in advance. 

An rtic isn’t going to fit under the seats. 

We usually run a yeti 45 or 65 depending on the size of the crew. Just put it in the floor and it is easy to get in and out of and people can step or sit on it if they want to. 

RTIC 30 fits perfectly behind driver seat if u flip up that bench seat to be a back rest. Perfect location and it spans the opening perfectly.. I hate coolers under seats impossible to access easily.. 

3 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

Look at AO Coolers Stow-N-Go Cooler, 38-Pack

Fits under the seat.

Spot on advice also given to me to go AO coolers. I purchased the set of 24, 36, 48 on sale at west marine and have been stoked ever since. They all stowed easily in my 23 LSV and performed great in 100 degree temps of Powell. I also liked how easy it was to load and unload being soft. I liked the ease of opening and closing beneath the seat stowed for not just me but kids. The AO is also forgiving loading and unloading where other hard coolers might scratch or tear interior. They also can fit inside one another when not using. The price is not bad either.

11 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

RTIC 30 fits perfectly behind driver seat if u flip up that bench seat to be a back rest. Perfect location and it spans the opening perfectly.. I hate coolers under seats impossible to access easily.. 

Are you talking about the Softpak 30?  Do you have any photos?

2 hours ago, Kblagg said:

Are you talking about the Softpak 30?  Do you have any photos?

Yes it's great, sorry hard to tell in some of these but all I could find. If u zoom in and look closely u can see it behind driver seat sits great when u lift seat back. Love it there outta the way. 

20170715_161213.jpg

20170527_154929.jpg

20160819_181818.jpg

Edited by The Hulk
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Yes it's great, sorry hard to tell in some of these but all I could find. If u zoom in and look closely u can see it behind driver seat sits great when u lift seat back. Love it there outta the way. 

20170715_161213.jpg

20170527_154929.jpg

20160819_181818.jpg

That looks like a good option.  We always have that seat folded up so that would work out well.  Although that's typically where we have all the towels stashed but they would still be easily accessed.  This would free up additional underseat storage where the current cooler is.

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

20170715_161213.jpg

20170527_154929.jpg

20160819_181818.jpg

@The Hulk Exhibit A of wakesurf board abuse....Or was this like the guy driving his Audi into the garage with carbon road bike on roof. You decide???? Poor lil defenseless Hyperlite Shim. What did it ever do to you..... 

Edited by alpensurf23

That board was great! Lightest one ever, all their new model durashells suck and are 2* heavier.. guessing breakage like mine was a reason.. I'm thinking of a custom SC but ifffy on dropping 800-1k on something that may or may not be as good as that HL first version.. I like fast and very light boards, so leaves me with going custom I'd imagine.. regardless I'm boardless at the moment so need to make decision soon.. SC??

45 minutes ago, Kblagg said:

That looks like a good option.  We always have that seat folded up so that would work out well.  Although that's typically where we have all the towels stashed but they would still be easily accessed.  This would free up additional underseat storage where the current cooler is.

We pile towels on top if cooler initially , you can fit 4-6 folede ones on top of cooler as well. I keep my bumper cushions and less used things there as we typically don't move the cooler unless we take it out of the boat.. we have a large foam wrap as well and it's nice to come up to the side of the boat and grab one over the edge.. when we have a larger crew and a lot more towels we just put everything in the small area in front of that flipped up seat as well.. I looked for a while on what cooler would work well there my in-law came over with one of those and put it there and I was like sold in 2 seconds ordered one while in the boat.. 

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

That board was great! Lightest one ever, all their new model durashells suck and are 2* heavier.. guessing breakage like mine was a reason.. I'm thinking of a custom SC but ifffy on dropping 800-1k on something that may or may not be as good as that HL first version.. I like fast and very light boards, so leaves me with going custom I'd imagine.. regardless I'm boardless at the moment so need to make decision soon.. SC??

@The HulkI highly recommend the SoulCraft AV Pro, my buddy purchased one last summer and it was a huge hit with all that rode it. Light, Fast and Playful. I surfed further back on the wake than my board and through a 360 with little effort. He put Viskus traction pads on it after riding a Pro's SoulCraft AV pro at southern surf fest. SoulCraft will ask you your weight and height a shape accordingly if ordered through them. With the money you save going with AO COOLERS  one could spend extra on a nice board. :biggrin:

Edited by alpensurf23