Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23 LSV - Price?

Pnwsummers

Here's a good place to start looking at comps:

https://www.onlyinboards.com/Used-ski-boats.aspx?MakerName=3&YearFrom=2015&YearTo=2015&PriceFrom=&PriceTo=&Model=64&ZIP=&Distance=

Upgraded motor, doesn't have G4 tower.  Without a trailer I agree, it's overpriced.  Could at least see if they'll negotiate with you.....

Thanks Sixer!

3 minutes ago, Sixer said:

Here's a good place to start looking at comps:

https://www.onlyinboards.com/Used-ski-boats.aspx?MakerName=3&YearFrom=2015&YearTo=2015&PriceFrom=&PriceTo=&Model=64&ZIP=&Distance=

Upgraded motor, doesn't have G4 tower.  Without a trailer I agree, it's overpriced.  Could at least see if they'll negotiate with you.....

4 minutes ago, Stevo said:

No trailer that boat should be in low 80's

its a early model 15' still has the appliqués on the handles

looks to be in good shape tho.

Thanks Stevo!  Would you guys recommend extending the warranty? 

8 minutes ago, Pnwsummers said:

Thanks Stevo!  Would you guys recommend extending the warranty? 

I don't think "extending " the warranty is an option. I believe 2015 still had the 3yr warranty so it would be up in 2018. You would have to transfer. And there is a transfer fee. Depending on when the delivery was take it could only be a few months of warranty. 

Edited by Stevo
8 minutes ago, Stevo said:

I don't think "extending " the warranty is an option. I believe 2015 still had the 3yr warranty so it would be up in 2018. You would have to transfer. And there is a transfer fee. Depending on when the delivery was take it could only be a few months of warranty. 

Makes sense, considering this I was also looking at A new 21 VLX.  I was very impressed with the VLX but the LSV had it all. Tough decision!

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

With only a 350.

1 hour ago, gdmatson said:

Just sold mine. No flake, had trailer, 6.0L 410hp motor, g3.2 tower and well optioned beyond that with 90 hours. 80k. Hope that helps!

Never mind.  For some reason I read the original boat as a 25LSV.  The bigger selling point on the boat linked above to me would be the 450.

I don't know much about Seattle boats.  Would that be fresh water for sure?  If not, definitely over priced.

I wouldn't worry about the hours.  These boats will go thousands of hours if properly maintained.

Edited by RyanB
8 minutes ago, RyanB said:

With only a 350.

Never mind.  For some reason I read the original boat as a 25LSV.  The bigger selling point on the boat linked above to me would be the 450.

I don't know much about Seattle boats.  Would that be fresh water for sure?  If not, definitely over priced.

I wouldn't worry about the hours.  These boats will go thousands of hours if properly maintained.

Yeah only freshwater!

My experience is that dealers are more likely to list a boat high and expect to deal a little.  If they get a good customer who seems genuine, they can then come down to set the hook and reel you in.  I might not call a private owner that high, but would probably check it out at the dealership.  

The hours mean nothing, especially on a young boat like that.  In fact, the previous owner liked his boat, and I think it shows.  That says something.   I bet he was sure to have the maintenance done, as well.   Nobody is going to tell you they hate their boat when they go to sell it, but sometimes that is the case when there are low hours.  

• Like 2

Boats in the western Canada/Washington area are WAY overpriced compared to Texas, Arizona, Utah, all those places..... 

if you’re looking for that great deal you’ll probably have to go south or east up to Saskatchewan. But the one you posted seems a little high. Ones up here in bc have been listed lower than that and completely loaded. 

The whole lake Washington part confuse’s me with Seattle, it’s like is it really all freshwater as it’s connected to the ocean. 

These guys have had this vlx in stock for for forever, a good deal could be worked out. It’s just a hop skip and a jump away, ignore the Monopoly money:cry: 

http://www.wizardlakemarine.com/brands/used-boats/2015-malibu-wakesetter-22-vlx/

Edited by Cole2001
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, RyanB said:

With only a 350.

The 23 does fine with the 350 unless you are >5000ft, and then you just can't run sacked out at wake speeds. 

And since the list was $79 I'm betting he could deal a little.

the motor upgrades don't translate dollar for dollar in the used market

I'd definitely look out of state, but figure in about $2k to have the boat shipped , maybe more if east coast.

the PNW is 23LSV gold country, the boat sells for a premium, and there are almost always buyers willing to pay.

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

The 23 does fine with the 350 unless you are >5000ft, and then you just can't run sacked out at wake speeds. 

And since the list was $79 I'm betting he could deal a little.

the motor upgrades don't translate dollar for dollar in the used market

The lowest elevation I run in my boat is about 3600'.  And then I would say that the 450 runs "just right", certainly isn't over-powered.  Personally, I'd have to do a pretty extensive on-water test before I would buy anything smaller than the 410 in a 23LSV.  I find it really hard to believe that the 350 would be adequate (at least in my mind) anywhere with the 350 the way I run - with PNP and a 8 + people.

Part of my point is that you should assume all the list prices have some wiggle room, wether the $79 in your post, or the $8x in the original.

9 minutes ago, RyanB said:

The lowest elevation I run in my boat is about 3600'.  And then I would say that the 450 runs "just right", certainly isn't over-powered.  Personally, I'd have to do a pretty extensive on-water test before I would buy anything smaller than the 410 in a 23LSV.  I find it really hard to believe that the 350 would be adequate (at least in my mind) anywhere with the 350 the way I run - with PNP and a 8 + people.

Part of my point is that you should assume all the list prices have some wiggle room, wether the $79 in your post, or the $8x in the original.

True, but I ran my 14’lsv with 350 for 3yrs, at multiple elevations, with sumo 900’s in the rear lockers & a 650 bow bag, would have no problem doing it again 

the 15 has the PW2 with lift and larger foil to help get on plane.

Mine is still available as well.  I have someone in CA that said they wanted it but went of town for a week I haven't heard back from him.  I'm willing to let it go for $82K plus I'll pay half the shipping costs up to $800.  Quotes we got on Uship to Northern CA was around $1600-1750.  My new boat comes next week.

@Pnwsummers Whatever 23LSV is a major investment why be left saying "shoulda, coulda, woulda" get the 450 and relax. My 15' with 450 was great  at any altitude and got even better if propped right. I have a high altitude and low altitude prop always on board. My fuel economy surfing the 450 was awesome as the motor was not working to hard. :cheers:

Edited by alpensurf23
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, shenard said:

Mine is still available as well.  I have someone in CA that said they wanted it but went of town for a week I haven't heard back from him.  I'm willing to let it go for $82K plus I'll pay half the shipping costs up to $800.  Quotes we got on Uship to Northern CA was around $1600-1750.  My new boat comes next week.

Call me, I may have a buyer for your boat.

@Pnwsummers ^^^^^^ you should buy that boat .

82 hrs is nothin.

that Hybrid Exile system is sweet,  

I’d want to know what PNP bags it has in the rear lockers?

there are several searchable threads on dialing in this boats surf wave , and IMHO you want at least the 750’s in the back and a 650 bow sac to minimize bow rise and lengthen the wave. If you don’t want a bag to take up the bow seats put 100-200 lbs of lead around the bow tank under the seat, and put 2-300 up in the bow when surfing like so.

0E220653-0BA1-4F77-B25F-E1D7C5703212.jpeg