Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 A22

Mitch83

How much of a difference does the gorilla tracking fin (2nd) make? Thinking about taking it off and upgrading the flooring. Just didn’t know if it makes a big difference in handling or not. This will be our first tow boat, so it’ll handle way better then my ‘97 stingray I’m sure. 

Anything that I should for sure get, or don’t really need to get? 

If you wakeboard or ski, I would get the second tracking fin. Gator step is EASY to add later. A 2nd tracking fin, not so much. If you’re on a budget, stick to items that can’t be easily added later. Things like transom leds, docking lights, surf pipe, etc can all be added down the road. 

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
55 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

If you wakeboard or ski, I would get the second tracking fin. Gator step is EASY to add later. A 2nd tracking fin, not so much. If you’re on a budget, stick to items that can’t be easily added later. Things like transom leds, docking lights, surf pipe, etc can all be added down the road. 

Also a very good point

7 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

So on point this advice and many prefer the boats handling more with then with out.

Edited by alpensurf23
28 minutes ago, Mitch83 said:

Thanks for the input guys. Just have to make up our minds now so we can get it ordered. Getting pretty pumped for summer now!

I have built out 2 Axis boats now and added the 2nd fin both times, like others have said I would get the options now that aren't easily doable as a DIY project. To add the 2nd fin down the road will cost alot in dealer labor. They have to pull the floor and fuel tank to add it. Plus the soft grip flooring is cheaper through Gator than the dealer, you just wouldn't get the Axis and A22 logo engraved on it. Its around $600 directly from Gator I believe. I wouldn't order the boat with any flooring option, that way they don't put the snaps in, order the kit from Gator now and when your boat arrives you can slap in the the Gator flooring 😉

Edited by st22eve