Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

warm weather?

smuurph84

anyone in the ATL area pulling the boat out of winterization this weekend?  this warm weather is giving me the itch but I cant decide if its worth the risk?

I am new to winterizing so I am curious as to when people typically get their boats back out. ( I had warrantee work going on last year so I didn't get it back till April.

oh man! that seems like for ever away! lol. especially on a day like today!

I  read up if the weather got close to freezing temps to just lower the lift for the night and let the boat float in the water. is that a sure fire safe way to keep any damage from happening?

but the last thing I want to do is ruin 1/2 the summer by getting to eager though thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, smuurph84 said:

anyone in the ATL area pulling the boat out of winterization this weekend?  this warm weather is giving me the itch but I cant decide if its worth the risk?

I am new to winterizing so I am curious as to when people typically get their boats back out. ( I had warrantee work going on last year so I didn't get it back till April.

I was out yesterday.  I'm out on Lanier.

20180222_145544.jpg

• Like 3

Stoked I left the shower option off my build sheet. The greatest cold water option for early morning sessions when it works, biggest disappointment when it often fails when needed most.....:Doh:

7 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

Yes. The boat is on the water this weekend.

To mitigate the risk: I have a bilge area safe thermostatic heater for last ditch protection. Boat stays in barn for winter and it stays warm enough unless we have 7 days of below freezing in a row. 

I don't think I'll drain it after this weekend, but I may have a change of heart.

9 hours ago, SafeGate said:

Yes. The boat is on the water this weekend.

To mitigate the risk: I have a bilge area safe thermostatic heater for last ditch protection. Boat stays in barn for winter and it stays warm enough unless we have 7 days of below freezing in a row. 

I don't think I'll drain it after this weekend, but I may have a change of heart.

@SafeGate, Are you in Lanier or Allatoona?