Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordered '18 A24

Red17A24

35 minutes ago, Red17A24 said:

Sound Pack 3, Clamping Board Racks, PW2, 2nd GF, Chillax Seating, Rear Sliding Skybox Seat with Seat Backs, Soft Grip Flooring, Deck Trac, 3 pair Cleats, 5 Outlet Heater, PNP Bags with Auto Vent, Stainless Cup Holders, Zero Off GPS, Surfgate,  Surfband, and On Board Battery Charger.  Basically everything you can order except engine upgrade and surfpipe.  The spray date is the first week of April.    We are excited and ready for warmer weather . A921DD74-CAA5-4098-A3A6-541C65178169_zps

Looks awesome man! Definitely sounds loaded to me. Stoked for y’all! Our spray date is in early March. The time has been creeping by! Ha

I bought a stock white one but didn’t know anything about spray dates so I didn’t have the anx y’all have, I just had to be patient but because it was ordered in December while on a snow trip  watching Socci qualifier at Breck , they told me it would be here fir season snd it was 

took all of my patience to install pnp sacks and hardware (screwed that’s up to be redone later) and Board racks and mirror to take her out 1st time

next was figuring out I wasn’t going to be s natural at surfing!!!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, CBray4 said:

I did not get the surf pipe either. Figured we would check it out this first season and if we think it is needed then we will get one next winter.

@CBray4 Always can be added later or a less expensive FAE version found. The A24 that I demo'd had a factory surf pipe and the PCM GM 450 motor and it was so much quieter than my previous LSV Indmar 450 GM with FAE. Beyond engine/exhaust sound your audio will sound even better and more importantly the fumes for those surfing and filming off back will be nullified. The FAE and surfband were the best additions to my 2015 LSV hands down. I stated GM because the more recent Indmars are Ford and much Louder motors.

Edited by alpensurf23

Surfpipe is much less expensive ordering with the boat than adding later on, especially if you have the dealer install it.  Your going to get a much better price on the surfpipe when bundling with other upgrades and not paying extra labor for install.

Myself and @isellacuras did a 2016 LSV last year although not terribly difficult it's a two man job and 3-4 hours to install.

• Like 2

I say get it in on the order if you're gonna add it. I was just the supervisor and the guy holding the flashlight on the surfpipe install. It's funny to hear people talk about how ugly they are. I thought it looked like a nice piece of equipment. As to getting on the build or adding it later, it's cheaper to add on the build and although it wasn't all that difficult, it wasn't easy either. Nothing really is when you have to lay in the lockers to work. And then there's the grinding of the fiberglass around the exhaust port since the surfpipe requires a bigger hole than the flapper. Order it and be done with it. 

• Like 3
On 2/23/2018 at 8:03 AM, Red17A24 said:

Sound Pack 3, Clamping Board Racks, PW2, 2nd GF, Chillax Seating, Rear Sliding Skybox Seat with Seat Backs, Soft Grip Flooring, Deck Trac, 3 pair Cleats, 5 Outlet Heater, PNP Bags with Auto Vent, Stainless Cup Holders, Zero Off GPS, Surfgate,  Surfband, and On Board Battery Charger.  Basically everything you can order except engine upgrade and surfpipe.  The spray date is the first week of April.    We are excited and ready for warmer weather . A921DD74-CAA5-4098-A3A6-541C65178169_zps

If you dont mind me asking, when did you place your order? BTW we are debating on if surf pipe is a must have ourselves?

10 hours ago, Red17A24 said:

I made a deal with my dealer in December.   We requested a early March build date.   Dealer received notification last week it would be first week of April.    

I ordered in Mid December and requested an early February spray date. Mine sprays tomorrow Feb 27.  Sounds like whatever spray date you REALLY want you need to subtract about a month to tell them!!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Wavemaker said:

I ordered in Mid December and requested an early February spray date. Mine sprays tomorrow Feb 27.  Sounds like whatever spray date you REALLY want you need to subtract about a month to tell them!!

My friend finalized his A24 order way after mine, and when we toured the factory he got to see his completed and mine was in two pieces being joined on the line. :Doh:

ahopkins22LSV
58 minutes ago, Wavemaker said:

It just depends on what the dealer has slotted already. Most dealers secure X number of build slots per model through out the spring. So they may have already had a spray date secured for the 27th for a T22 and just needed to finalize colors and options. If they had slots earlier they probably used those for others ordered before yours or they didn't have any secured and the plant was already booked.

We ordered our A24 in Mid December and did not specify any specific date that we wanted and our spray date is March 5th. I would think it has something to do with what build slots your dealer has. I am not sure how all of that works but it makes sense to me. Whichever build slot they have available they would put you in. 

1 hour ago, alpensurf23 said:

My friend finalized his A24 order way after mine, and when we toured the factory he got to see his completed and mine was in two pieces being joined on the line. :Doh:

I am headed to Loudon in 3 days to tour the factory on the 2nd - hopefully to see my almost completed boat!

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Wavemaker said:

I am headed to Loudon in 3 days to tour the factory on the 2nd - hopefully to see my almost completed boat!

I am going to be there March 7th to see mine. Report back here with how the tour goes @Wavemaker. I'm interested to know how everything goes. What you can and can't do. All that sort of stuff

2 hours ago, NWBU said:

You'll probably see mine too then since it sprayed on Friday and will finish up this week.

I will look out for it but if it's spray date was this past Friday I think it will be completely finished and either being transported or waiting to be transported. Great looking boat - I love black and silver, debated that myself!