Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Squared off interiors?

dalt1

I'm with IXFE on the "it's a boat" mentality. I try to keep it nice but it's gonna get used like a boat because it is. Step where you're gonna step. Don't hold onto the Bimini when you step down tho. That's a pet peve. I don't mind replacing a seat skin or two every few years and i don't have money coming out of any orofice. 

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, isellacuras said:

I'm with IXFE on the "it's a boat" mentality. I try to keep it nice but it's gonna get used like a boat because it is. Step where you're gonna step. Don't hold onto the Bimini when you step down tho. That's a pet peve. I don't mind replacing a seat skin or two every few years and i don't have money coming out of any orofice. 

I agree. I own a boat to have a great time with friends and family. I was super anal at first and it made the experience worse at times. Do I want anything to happen, of course not! But if it does, oh well. All things in a boat can be fixed fairly easily and not for too much money if you do your homework.

• Like 3
On 2/24/2018 at 9:05 AM, hethj7 said:

Why don't they make that center back cushion flip down like the side ones can?   

In reality, how many folks even flip the seats down when getting in and out?   I don't have them, but think it would be something I'd rarely end up using.  Seems like you'd still have folks moving around in that area just to flip down a seat.   

Perhaps we would leave them flipped down when first loading or when in a cove and folks always seem to be getting in and out to grab drinks or deal with a napping kid in the boat, but for riding, I doubt my crew would use them.  

Had one in my fish and ski and the pressure of weight on the backing where it is cushion to cushion and therefore moves, will eventually break the backing/step surface. 

But even if that happened the skin should remain good and possibly  transferable to new backing/step.  

Problem is the bottom cushion, hardware to make it flip down , and top cushion and the heavy backing to step on on the axis would be attached to seat frame.  Now you have a monsterous thing to move to clean or access motor cover .  Currently it’s quite light and of reasonable size to be moved out of way towards bow and it’s easy to step over and then still room to pull and stow engine cover and I still have room room to work with them behind me in my a20.. 

why don’t they use double stitched outer and inner seams with no piping even with the 6 inch leg bolster on inner edge of cushion to join color panels, there has to be something better than piping and you just lose the piping seam contrast color, no piping no wear and tear I suspect 

Edited by granddaddy55