Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Officially Boatless


MustGoFast

Recommended Posts

So I traded in my four winns for my T22, I singed it over a few weeks ago, but my dealer came and picked up the boat from my garage today (I'd been holding on to it)... sad moment as I now don't own a boat at all technically.

Link to comment

Congrats on your new boat!   Back in December We requested a spray date for our A24 in early March.   We just found out yesterday it will be the first week of April.   Hopefully we get ours by the 20th of April and the weather will be good enough to get a early start on the season.  

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Red17A24 said:

Congrats on your new boat!   Back in December We requested a spray date for our A24 in early March.   We just found out yesterday it will be the first week of April.   Hopefully we get ours by the 20th of April and the weather will be good enough to get a early start on the season.  

@Red17A24Have you shown your build pictures from website? We like pics if haven't ...

Edited by alpensurf23
Link to comment

Congrats on the new boat! 

Always sad to see old memories go, dealer picked up mine yesterday. Nothing beats the new boat smell

Edited by Cole2001
Link to comment

And my build date officially got pushed into April, albeit "not official" not really sure how the scheduling goes, my guy says we'll probably have a date on Monday.  Not that it matters I never get in the water until May anyway.

The search for a tow vehicle continues... car dealers suck...

Link to comment

@MustGoFast Did you tell him today is Monday? Why should it take a week? Is he trying to compete with your local car dealers??? :dontknow:  Have you told him your honest feelings about car dealers? :bash: Might knock some sense into him... jk

Edited by alpensurf23
Link to comment

He's waiting for the official date from them said he'd check next week.  Car dealers just suck I'm sick of seeing advertised prices that are just made up lies to try to get you in the door for the hard sell waste of time games 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Surprised it takes that long or your boat dealer isn't more motivated is all. I agree Car dealers are total scam artists/ squids with no conscience for the most part. I actually enjoy flipping the script on them when trying to do the deal. Example they tell you to sit and wait in the cubicle tactic, I get up and walk around letting them see me looking at smart phone shopping other deals. I have also called other dealers right there and put the present squid on hold. I always negotiate an out the door price telling them any surprises down the line deal is off. When I have walked I do it with a smile because I'm not the loser they are. Hope your dealer gets back to you sooner, limbo sucks!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like my boat guy no concerns there I'm getting no payments and free storage now ;) if it were warm well .......

Really like the Chevy canyon 7k towing seems plenty good for the T22 (<6k loaded).  Still smaller than a full size better mileage decent get up and go and I take like a limited edition (shoreline) that I'm having trouble finding though ... 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, MustGoFast said:

I like my boat guy no concerns there I'm getting no payments and free storage now ;) if it were warm well .......

Really like the Chevy canyon 7k towing seems plenty good for the T22 (<6k loaded).  Still smaller than a full size better mileage decent get up and go and I take like a limited edition (shoreline) that I'm having trouble finding though ... 

@MustGoFast Check out the diesel model or look at going full size crew cab duramax lots of 16's certifieds out there with low miles because many wanted the 17' and 18's 900ft lbs of torque. I just posted my !6' gets insane mileage for a one ton 3500 and with metal roll up tonneau plenty of secure storage. My dealer like most are flooded with 16's and wheeling and dealing.

Edited by alpensurf23
Link to comment

I test drove today if I go Colorado it would definitely be v6 the diesel is just too doggy for normal driving.  I actually like the little truck quite a bit but am a little annoyed by how much I have to wind it out for freeway  speed passing......

Just don't like anything with a good tow reading under 60k enough to want to spend the price for it 😂

Link to comment
11 hours ago, MustGoFast said:

I test drove today if I go Colorado it would definitely be v6 the diesel is just too doggy for normal driving.  I actually like the little truck quite a bit but am a little annoyed by how much I have to wind it out for freeway  speed passing......

Just don't like anything with a good tow reading under 60k enough to want to spend the price for it 😂

@MustGoFast Imagine trying to pass with that Axis in tow.... How long will that vehicle last. My previous tow rig was a Tundra and it did pull my 23 LSV but gas mileage sucked, sketchy under braking, and felt working to hard to last. I put in a larger fuel tank, throttle body spacer, TRD cold air intake ,TRD dual exhaust, rear airbags, etc. trying to fix the concerns. Atleast i got a great trade in as a result. I have none of these concerns with my duramax. Purchased under 60K.

Edited by alpensurf23
Link to comment

I bought my wife a new 18 duramax  for 55k.  LTZ.  she needs it for work(sells insurance and bonds to contractors). l drive a 13 Ram Diesel.   mine cost 37k 1 year ago. the new Axis s are heavier than the older models, sorry but no fnn way I would pull that with a canyon.  if you get the 2500 diesel, you are set for whatever you want to tow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/26/2018 at 10:12 PM, MustGoFast said:

I like my boat guy no concerns there I'm getting no payments and free storage now ;) if it were warm well .......

Really like the Chevy canyon 7k towing seems plenty good for the T22 (<6k loaded).  Still smaller than a full size better mileage decent get up and go and I take like a limited edition (shoreline) that I'm having trouble finding though ... 

Another thing to consider about the  GMC Canyon is you have a 4000 lb vehicle trying to tow and more importantly stop a 6000 lb boat. A full size truck is a much safer investment and will last you longer and if diesel more efficient mpg wise.

Link to comment
6 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

I bought my wife a new 18 duramax  for 55k.  LTZ.  she needs it for work(sells insurance and bonds to contractors). l drive a 13 Ram Diesel.   mine cost 37k 1 year ago. the new Axis s are heavier than the older models, sorry but no fnn way I would pull that with a canyon.  if you get the 2500 diesel, you are set for whatever you want to tow.

Yeah - I don't want a 2500 series.. I can go 1500, but I already hate the size and have no concerns at that level for a tow vehicle... My issue is that 94% of my mileage is non-towing and I like the get up and go on the V8's in the Ford & Chev (not the Dodge it's a bit of a dog)... The diesel tows well but hte every day performance is :(

Link to comment
4 hours ago, MustGoFast said:

Yeah - I don't want a 2500 series.. I can go 1500, but I already hate the size and have no concerns at that level for a tow vehicle... My issue is that 94% of my mileage is non-towing and I like the get up and go on the V8's in the Ford & Chev (not the Dodge it's a bit of a dog)... The diesel tows well but hte every day performance is :(

well....I have a 200 hp tune and and full deletes.  4in exhaust with straight thru muff.  my truck gets it.  have had it to 120 with plenty left in it. smoke the 35s easily. have got over 20mpg on trips. stock my truck was pretty fast also.  if you drive a modern diesel, you will think differently. I assume you havent driven one? my wifes stock 18 has 445 hp amd 910 ft lbs . they getup and go.

Link to comment
11 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

well....I have a 200 hp tune and and full deletes.  4in exhaust with straight thru muff.  my truck gets it.  have had it to 120 with plenty left in it. smoke the 35s easily. have got over 20mpg on trips. stock my truck was pretty fast also.  if you drive a modern diesel, you will think differently. I assume you havent driven one? my wifes stock 18 has 445 hp amd 910 ft lbs . they getup and go.

I've driven quite a few - the perf is much better than the trucks I grew up with but stock for stock it's not close to the gas and I'm also not even a tiny bit interested in moving up to a 2500 series truck.. I'm crying inside about having to get a halfton.

Link to comment
6 hours ago, MustGoFast said:

I've driven quite a few - the perf is much better than the trucks I grew up with but stock for stock it's not close to the gas and I'm also not even a tiny bit interested in moving up to a 2500 series truck.. I'm crying inside about having to get a halfton.

What's the towing capacity of a Prius or better yet Smart Car? Tesla still working on their's, soon to be test driving on Mars. :whistle: Has that thing come back yet??? :cheers:

Edited by alpensurf23
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...