Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Duramax VLX

cowwboy

12 minutes ago, powbmps said:

That cloud at 1:36 is nasty!

just looked at that...is nasty.  right at rider-getting-up level.  black smoke out of my truck..OK.  out of a wakeboat..NOT OK.

An FAE and better tuning would solve most of the problems. 

My problem with that boat still is in the interior. Why didn't he just replace the interior correctly.

So much work to look so cheesy.  

7 hours ago, cowwboy said:

agreed, i don't get all the comments about that being such a problem.  is it better to have a gas boat just so you don't see the harmful fumes that you're breathing in?  but yes, FAE puts them under the surface, problem solved.

i would never get tired of hearing that turbo on the way back to the dock at night.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 11:18 AM, Choiceind said:

@1:36 hey surfer, enjoy this toxic black smoke!! WOOHOO REDNECKIN WOOHOO TDS!!!!

@jtryon Sarcasm? I mean turbos sound cool.. but the last think the ladies in my boat want to hear for 2+ hrs is a high pitch whine of the turbo. Boats constantly at 3200 plus rpm.. the turbo is screaming constantly... I bet you are going to get some complaints? Not sure how loud IRL but video sounded pretty annoying

Edited by AJwakedevil
Noise
On 3/6/2018 at 7:57 AM, cowwboy said:

My problem with that boat still is in the interior. Why didn't he just replace the interior correctly.

So much work to look so cheesy.  

He states that the only time you get the plume is when you hammer it down on the most aggressive tune.. and with that you would pull the rope out of the riders hand.... He also states that There is absolutely zero smoke or fumes behind the boat while riding or surfing.... 

IDK... I have not been behind it ;) 

I would do it... @AJwakedevil don't see how you would be turning 3200 plus for surfing or wakeboarding... RPMs should be way below that... I also don't think he did a good job on insulating it... 

Have to agree that "So much work to look so cheesy. "

24 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

He states that the only time you get the plume is when you hammer it down on the most aggressive tune.. and with that you would pull the rope out of the riders hand.... He also states that There is absolutely zero smoke or fumes behind the boat while riding or surfing.... 

IDK... I have not been behind it ;) 

I would do it... @AJwakedevil don't see how you would be turning 3200 plus for surfing or wakeboarding... RPMs should be way below that... I also don't think he did a good job on insulating it... 

Have to agree that "So much work to look so cheesy. "

On the dash alone a very short search landed new old stock of the correct parts to make it factory from great lakes and malibu marine. 
Let alone I know my dealer has quite the surplus of take off and left over new stock.