Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

04-06 gauges

SkiPablo

2 hours ago, asp13 said:

hmm, what else would you need perfect pass wise to get that to work if the boat does not currently have PP?

Bucket list for my boat too. I dont know the hardware answers, other than a paddle wheel or GPS can be the front end of a system. As I recall,  as long as you have fuel injection, it's a little over 1500 to integrate it. I also wonder if an ECM re-program is necessary?

I'm sure others will chime in,

Steve B.

3 hours ago, asp13 said:

hmm, what else would you need perfect pass wise to get that to work if the boat does not currently have PP?

You need the PP master module,  paddle wheel, servo, throttle cable and other wires.  That gauge on eBay isn't worth much unless you already had a PP system from of that era. 

2 minutes ago, SkiPablo said:

You need the PP master module,  paddle wheel, servo, throttle cable and other wires.  That gauge on eBay isn't worth much unless you already had a PP system from of that era. 

I wonder if he could use that gauge, and buy the other stuff to make it like it originally came with the boat?  Rather than a 3rd party gauge.

Steve B.

I wouldn't buy that gauge just to add PP.  

You don't need any ecm changes to install PP. 

The GPS kit from PP is 1195 and is pretty easy to install.  They make guages that match your factory ones.  I'm assuming the paddle wheel version is a little cheaper but unless you're on a river I'd go GPS. 

malibuorange5.png

• Like 2

OK.  Here's what I found cleaning out a tub in the garage.  Happy to ship any of it anywhere, as long as the buyer pays shipping and provides enough extra for a 6-pack of decent craft beer.  Happy to provide part numbers.  I can't guarantee what works and what doesn't, but clearly the fuel gauge on the one was not in good shape at one point.  I'll add this to the freebie thread later, but figured I'd put it here first

IMG_4557.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

Edited by JeffK