Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Season is On!

granddaddy55

Just incase you all wanted to know Melbourne Australia weather is about 96 with a water temp of about 70 :thumbup: lets go skiing......

• Like 2
12 hours ago, onamission said:

Just need to put out the buoys, gear and boat are ready. 

6habqccudzx5.thumb.jpeg.269eec6485b6a1054c2bd0afcd6ad3f7.jpeg

That is ridiculously georgious.  Beautiful property , slope banks , get tired of boat plenty of green space to play.  Is that a river, bayou, kind of looks man made with the sides ? Doesn’t look like a no wake zone either , what fun, I’m jealous !!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, AussieSkier said:

Just incase you all wanted to know Melbourne Australia weather is about 96 with a water temp of about 70 :thumbup: lets go skiing......

What s great combination , if we’re 96 we get bathwater temps that don’t cool you off 

that must be pacific salt water temps? No way you guys have cold mountain stream lakes that close to coast 

More plowing snow today!  But I did order a new set of Wiley's Pro Series bindings yesterday. My current set are ten years old and nearly every rubber part has been patched or showing age cracks. One step closer to the season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

That is ridiculously georgious.  Beautiful property , slope banks , get tired of boat plenty of green space to play.  Is that a river, bayou, kind of looks man made with the sides ? Doesn’t look like a no wake zone either , what fun, I’m jealous !!

Private man made 3 event lake.   The only wake that's allowed here is when tricking, (ski boats have no wake). 

tivoli.thumb.jpg.809f5bdac6847c537cd2927bb5cc8882.jpg

• Like 3
9 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

What s great combination , if we’re 96 we get bathwater temps that don’t cool you off 

that must be pacific salt water temps? No way you guys have cold mountain stream lakes that close to coast 

Fresh water only for the Malibu.... our lakes are deep 65-85 f  and take quite a bit to heat up.

• 1 month later...

Wife wore shorty for surfing after wearing her full 3/2 for wakeboard run earlier Saturday , only getting better, I wore a shorty for first time all year 3 weeks ago.  Two weekends ago we went boat riding checking other rivers for first time in decades both days so no surfing or riding. 

Last weekend and last Saturday back to shorts and rash guard and this was a no sun day really, lots of clouds 

Wife rippin the coastal in her shorty

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.756/posts/748404252018702

Wife last weekend 500 lead and wedge -she’s not back to her one wake hops cause she’s coming back from some recurring back issues , did much better this week adding stock tanks with wedge and 500 lead but didn’t film

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.756/posts/745096132349514

Edited by granddaddy55
8 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Wife wore shorty for surfing after wearing her full 3/2 for wakeboard run earlier Saturday , only getting better, I wore a shorty for first time all year 3 weeks ago.  Two weekends ago we went boat riding checking other rivers for first time in decades both days so no surfing or riding. 

Last weekend and last Saturday back to shorts and rash guard and this was a no sun day really, lots of clouds 

Wife rippin the coastal in her shorty

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.756/posts/748404252018702

Wife last weekend 500 lead and wedge -she’s not back to her one wake hops cause she’s coming back from some recurring back issues , did much better this week adding stock tanks with wedge and 500 lead but didn’t film

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.756/posts/745096132349514

That's awesome man!! Counting the days down till the June trip at Lake Norris. Going out this weekend for first time on my boat, finally all done. New vinyl has been installed and I picked up the boat this past Sat..... My list of work to do on boat is also now all finally done. Just waiting for the Aqua Marine decking order to get here for the finishing touches

• Like 2

Is it May yet? May is 5mm wetsuit and booties month around here. And no way am I putting my hands underwater.

The season is really June to September, and wetsuits until at least July 4th.

Edited by SomeYeahoo
14 minutes ago, SomeYeahoo said:

Is it May yet? May is 5mm wetsuit and booties month around here. And no way am I putting my hands underwater.

The season is really June to September, and wetsuits until at least July 4th.

Wow where are you at? That is worse than some minnesota summers. Of course, this year is an exception. We have this weekends forecast calling for 4-8 inches of wet snow/ice saturday, followed 3-5 inches of more heavy snow sunday (hopefully the weather men/women will be wrong). Temps dont get above 55 in the 10 day forecast. @Monkeybutt when do you think ice out will be on Long?

We are finally getting decent weather in NC. It froze on Sat night...but calling for 80+ starting this Sat for next few weeks. Whoop!! Summer is favorite time of year, due mostly to boating/surfing.

Super cool, should have finished watching it the 1st time, well done , wife’s a Florida girl/native and wants to visit and surf/ride in Fla when she visits her sister in st Pete , you guys near there ?  

2 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Super cool, should have finished watching it the 1st time, well done , wife’s a Florida girl/native and wants to visit and surf/ride in Fla when she visits her sister in st Pete , you guys near there ?  

We are in casselberry fl lemme know if u guys can make it!

I was born in new orleans too! 

4 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

@agarabaghi

Tommy's/Skiers Pier featured your video

good! should help get me a T22 in a couple months =P

You’ll have to come ride the Bonnet Carre spillway with us it’s famous  here to the real skiirs snd riders, 2.75 miles long and tree lined straight , super deep for surf waves and slope sided for wake and wave absorption 

Super clean lake pontchartrain water when not open like recently to relieve Mississippi River 

Edited by granddaddy55

Nanticoke river in delaware. Water temp 58ish, air temp 80. First ride of the season. Was surprisingly very comfortable. New to surfing. 2017 Axis a20. All stock tanks plus 750’s in the rear. 400 bag under bow cushions. 400 bag on top. Boat had trouble getting up to speed. It was windy as all get out. I ended up draining probably a couple hundred total out of the rear. Auto set wedge deployed. Boat has the 2277 prop which wakemakers says is the “general purpose” prop. Im thinking i need the 2315. Forgive the camera operator. Shes 7!!

Edit: heres the youtube link. 

Edited by onewake09

Just got home from the water, nice little surf starting around 3:30, wife left me at dock to go eat with friends ( we had all the new toys at the water, 18 vert GT f150xlt and the axis,  it was cute) 

water a little chilly with no suit but no big deal , total clouds no sun but air was 78-79, was supposed to be 82, but weather rolling in brought total clouds and no sun, wife wore her 3/2, wasn’t gonna surf but I was having too much fun on our big goofy listed wave  and she finally had to go

Surfed my Brigade goofy asym 4’10” today , haven’t been dedicating time too it, what s bunch of fun , big long pointy nose made recoveries a breeze

Made surfing my foam ball by the platform  a kick , easy to keep front foot pressure so you can hover on the foam ball and stay in place rotating the board for slides that don’t fade back, I’m basically am surfing the regular side of the foam ball  and fading back to goofy when I lose it and then mount back up

its like riding the flowrider , luved that thing for years till I shattered my femur on it in ‘15

Edited by granddaddy55
12 hours ago, onewake09 said:

Nanticoke river in delaware. Water temp 58ish, air temp 80. First ride of the season. Was surprisingly very comfortable. New to surfing. 2017 Axis a20. All stock tanks plus 750’s in the rear. 400 bag under bow cushions. 400 bag on top. Boat had trouble getting up to speed. It was windy as all get out. I ended up draining probably a couple hundred total out of the rear. Auto set wedge deployed. Boat has the 2277 prop which wakemakers says is the “general purpose” prop. Im thinking i need the 2315. Forgive the camera operator. Shes 7!!

Edit. Can i not upload a video from my iphone?

I run a much less aggressive 1235, in tremendous wind I can barely hold speed but I have a somewhat bigger load than you.  Against strong winds I have to set it at 11 to get 10.2-.4.  We regularly surf at 10.4-.6

I assume you had the wedge deployed, my point is maybe your trying to surf at higher speeds , are you a raptor or 5.7 indmar.  If the lesser unless they changed the gear ratio, which they may have done, you may not be able to surf at 11 or higher like many on the site do to lengthen wave.  But if that’s an aggressive torque prop then I don’t see why you can’t . What happened when you went with the wind? your problem should be over when you do that unless something is wrong. With a torque prop and/or a bigger motor this should not have been an issue. You should be able to only lighten considerably your opposite side sac to clean up wave (but I can also move 850’s both full, stock, 950 front well burped plus 500 lead plus three people including driver in nominal wind conditions at 10.4-.6) as I do. 

Are your 750’s 20x50x20?  Is so those are 850’s now FYI!

if smaller 330 hp like mine you may not be able to go faster so with my very economical 1235 we use big lists which are quite economical compared to just “barging” it. We put half the lead on surf side bow, half under surf side cushions in cabin, and stack the people same way if possible .

i stack the bow so hard to surf side along with opposite side deflation that We really have to be good at spinning boat on come down and put in reverse to enhance the spin to retrieve surfer to not get water over nose

my belief is that the a20 benefits greatly from this especially on goofy side because it becomes long, big and clean, regular we never get clean but definitely longer but not taller in fact shorter but never clean , I really like both , but became a goofy surfer the moment I saw the wife take her 1st surf on it 4 years ago 

Edited by granddaddy55

Saw the Minnesota snow on the weather channel today, unreal

we had bad weather today which is why we played hooky and went yesterday afternoon cause it will be chilly and super windy tomorrow 

Edited by granddaddy55

We got ~14" of snow in the last 36 hours and it's supposed to continue all day and night for another 6-10 more. Wet nasty stuff too that the snowblower just wants to climb up on or dig in and wedge to a stop. Son's band was supposed to headline a show in CO and they saw a route to avoid most of the weather, they drove the southern route all the way to Nebraska before getting boxed in and deciding to call it off. Wife and I were supposed to drive to IL to buy a car and didn't even try. We'll see if it's still there next weekend.

Edited by jk13