Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Season is On!

granddaddy55

1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

Closed last season Dec 27 life jacket only, January was like up north this year for us, wife would have laughed if I asked. 

Yesterday boat said it was air 80(not quite probably 75-77) water 70-71(maybe but that’s unusually warm for our water this time of year) so I’m thinking 1ir 2 degrees less , life jacket only 

god I love the South 

No shorts?

• Like 4

Las Vegas was experiencing many days in January in the low 70's. The last weekend in January was one of the nicest days on the water ever in the winter. Now that February has arrived, the temps have dipped into the the 50s and 60s. I guess we'll wait until mid March...then it's ON.

• Like 1

Just as I'm thinking about getting brave and breaking out the dry suit we wake up to 11" snow yesterday; this morning a balmy 18 degrees. Does Malibu make an icebreaker option for their bows??

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, MalibuNation said:

We're still sitting in 5 gallon pails staring at holes in the ice.  Guess I can say I got out on the lake today.

We're still driving on the lake - with SUV's and trucks!  About 8 more weeks :(

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, MalibuNation said:

We're still sitting in 5 gallon pails staring at holes in the ice.  Guess I can say I got out on the lake today.

literally.... _on_ the lake.

• Like 1

Every body is welcome, surf and ride the weekend after party N.O.  Our ride surf spot is literally 40 minutes from downtown in bad traffic

and we own the water now and in the summer cause we ride a poor man’s waterway , the Bonnet Carre Spillway .  2.75 miles long of 2 straight runs at different wind angles and lined with trees

for riders or surfers we have exposed slope banks that absorb the wave/wake with 0 rebound energy. 

Come on down, jazz fest is April our best weather

my buddy wearing a suit yesterday , to each his own

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.756/posts/726528600872934

2 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

yeeeeah... we remember all those comments from yankees making fun of the south.
Mhmm... we may talk slow, but we have loooong memories. :rofl:

Too close, come on down

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MalibuNation said:

1 hour ago, martinarcher said:

Yep, we still have ice fishing shanties on the lake.  Gonna be a bit...

Put 130 miles on the snowmobile this weekend, hope to match that or better it the next two.

When the warm up comes it can come quick though. Always say we have two seasons--winter and summer with a useless month or two between them. Those are the months my parents travel each year. They've got it figured out.

• Like 1

Granddaddy, Ouch.....!  You lucky dog!

Up my way.... Burrrrrrrr for at least another month or 2.

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 2

Saturday this weekend coming will be 81, boat will say 85, water on boat will probably read 75 by 2 or 3 pm cause no clouds in forecast.  Water probably will actually be 70-72 maybe higher by that time.

@ConnollyCrew, @ibelonginprison Make that drive boys 

Edited by granddaddy55
On 2/20/2018 at 9:14 AM, DarkSide said:

Low 60's water temps in AZ.  I probably have 4-6 more weeks in a wet suit.  

I went wakeboarding on Christmas day last year... water temps were 50's?
bruuuuuuuuuuh......... **shakes head**
Not likely to make THAT mistake again. LOL 

I did a jump, fell, and had my arms up out of the water while they brought the boat back around. Logan was like "You OK?" I said "yeah" He goes "Your arms are out of the water like you're hurt?"
"B**** IT'S COLD AND THAT'S WHAT HURTS! JUST BRING ME THE ROPE!"

I'm a tender southerner. I'm not built for that.

Edited by ibelonginprison
  • Like 3
40 minutes ago, ibelonginprison said:

I went wakeboarding on Christmas day last year... water temps were 50's?
bruuuuuuuuuuh......... **shakes head**
Not likely to make THAT mistake again. LOL 

I did a jump, fell, and had my arms up out of the water while they brought the boat back around. Logan was like "You OK?" I said "yeah" He goes "Your arms are out of the water like you're hurt?"
"B**** IT'S COLD AND THAT'S WHAT HURTS! JUST BRING ME THE ROPE!"

I'm a tender southerner. I'm not built for that.

Those up north have the 100/110 air+water rule.  I am more of a 120/125 with wet suit, 140/150 without.  I get cold WAY too easy.  I even wear surf socks, because when my feet get cold I am DONE!  

• Like 2