Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T22 Sound Pack 1 content

ADDICTED2WAKE

Looking for some insight from those that have an 18 T22 w/ sound pack 1. Trying to understand exactly what you get with it.

My 2 previous boats were stereo delete so I could add in my own but I'm ordering a new one and want to get the "beep beep beep" for surf gate transfers and I understand the only way to get that is to get the factory audio..?..

I plan to swap out the equipment I don't want and add amps, sub, etc but trying to figure out exactly what SP1 comes with and where....and what holes I'll have to cut to add what I want.

Follow up question: has anyone been able to get the beeps without factory audio and what did you do to get it?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a pic of the build from the website.

6.JPG

SP 1 is the head unit and 4 cabin speakers. The bow speakers have holes with filler plates in them. I have seen a picture, but not seen in in person yet. Rumor has it the tower is no longer pre wired with sp1. My boat should be available for you to look at in a week or so.

I am adding the bow speakers, a sub and amp. It sounds like the wires are located in the bow already, but I'll confirm that once I get it. I hope someone chimes in, but it's pretty rare to see one with sp1....

ahopkins22LSV

**Disclaimer: this is not an attempt to get you to add tower speakers.**

Does the beer for surfgate transfers go through all speakers or just the tower speakers? I feel like on the M and 25 we used the pay few years it was just the tower? :dontknow: Hopefully someone can answer that for you. 

3 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

If you’re using surf band, do you really need the transfer beep? 

That was my thought. With the faster gates and surf band, I expect timing transfers to be a lot easier compared to the '14 (I was not expecting the beep with SP1, but I do not know if it goes though the cabin speakers).

13 hours ago, Raimie said:

SP 1 is the head unit and 4 cabin speakers. The bow speakers have holes with filler plates in them. I have seen a picture, but not seen in in person yet. Rumor has it the tower is no longer pre wired with sp1. My boat should be available for you to look at in a week or so.

I am adding the bow speakers, a sub and amp. It sounds like the wires are located in the bow already, but I'll confirm that once I get it. I hope someone chimes in, but it's pretty rare to see one with sp1....

So I just got my 18 T22 with sound pack 1 and it did not come with the pre cut holes for bow speakers which I new would be the case after talking with Malibu. A few early production boats came with the holes and covers but they decided to stop doing it (I have no idea why), the speaker wires are still ran up to the bow from what I was told. The tower was not wired either. There is a sub wire that runs from the driver side helm to the amp wall. My dealer cut the hole and installed the Revo12" FA Sub and wired the tower for me, I will install and hook up the amps. So like Raimie said, SP1 is 4 cabin speakers and basically a remote (infinity mc30) the brain is mounted to the amp wall with all pre-outs, usb's,  etc......

Edited by st22eve
2 hours ago, st22eve said:

So I just got my 18 T22 with sound pack 1 and it did not come with the pre cut holes for bow speakers which I new would be the case after talking with Malibu. A few early production boats came with the holes and covers but they decided to stop doing it (I have no idea why), the speakers wires are still ran up to the bow from what I was told. The tower was not wired either. There is a sub wire that runs from the driver side helm to the amp wall. My dealer cut the hole and installed the Revo12" FA Sub and wired the tower for me, I will install and hook up the amps. So like Raimie said, SP1 is 4 cabin speakers and basically a remote (infinity mc30) the brain is mounted to the amp wall with all pre-outs, usb's,  etc......

Was there an amp bracket?

21 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Was there an amp bracket?

Yes, they use the same amp wall with all 3 sound packs which makes it nice when ordering sp1 so you have a spot to mount your own amps.

I have a 14 with sp1 where they have the filler cushions with a hole behind it in the bow. 

Do thise cushions pull out with clips holding them?  As I don’t feel any hardware when searching by blind hand feel. And 

I guess I can buy the skins or whatever with the holes?

can I buy the actual cushion and skin pre made to the board

Edited by granddaddy55
1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

I have a 14 with sp1 where they have the filler cushions with a hole behind it in the bow. 

Do thise cushions pull out with clips holding them?  As I don’t feel any hardware when searching by blind hand feel. And 

I guess I can buy the skins or whatever with the holes?

can I buy the actual cushion and skin pre made to the board

According to @st22eve, the fiberglass is cut and all you do slice an X throught the vinyl and push the speaker in. Im debating doing this on my boat as I dont have bow speakers from the factory. 

• Like 1

Might make my 1st upgrade to amp and replace my head unit to a Bluetooth stereo, possibly replace 4 interior plus add 2 bow speakers and add towers later, maybe add sub bow and amp that

16 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Might make my 1st upgrade to amp and replace my head unit to a Bluetooth stereo, possibly replace 4 interior plus add 2 bow speakers and add towers later, maybe add sub bow and amp that

Id keep the head unit and add a blue tooth receiver to it. Something like the Wet sounds BT-UR will work well.

Before replacing the interior speakers, I go with an amp for them and add a woofer. This would make a significant difference. 

9 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

On 2/19/2018 at 12:43 PM, Pnwrider said:

If you’re using surf band, do you really need the transfer beep? 

I don't need it. My wife wants it. And she's paying for half so I'm going to get her some beeps.

10 hours ago, onewake09 said:

According to @st22eve, the fiberglass is cut and all you do slice an X throught the vinyl and push the speaker in. Im debating doing this on my boat as I dont have bow speakers from the factory. 

Yes, this is easy. I have a 14 T22 and ordered it stereo delete. I just cut the x's in the vinyl, screwed in the speakers and ran my own wiring.

4 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Is there a reason you go stereo delete? The Axis pricing on stereo options seems super reasonable when you factor in discount and time it takes to DIY install. 

I can get pretty good prices through some of my audio connections and I'd prefer to put my own stuff in anyway. For my 14, I had them write on the build to add the amp rack and sub box even though it was stereo delete and they did it so it was very easy to install everything.

I did confirm with the dealer that the beeps only come through the tower speakers and my original intent was to only install interiors...so I might be adding towers now.

One other update, I was told we could probably buy the brain that gets you the beeps...and if so, I might just look into that so I could do the stereo delete option and put in all my own stuff. Anyone know where this thing could be purchased???

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ADDICTED2WAKE said:

One other update, I was told we could probably buy the brain that gets you the beeps.

So this implies that this is part of the audio options and not part of the boat system per say 

On 2/20/2018 at 8:22 PM, MLA said:

So this implies that this is part of the audio options and not part of the boat system per say 

Yeah it's like a BCM for an automobile I think. But it sounds like you only get it if you order the stereo..something I should double check tho...