Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV Command Wheel

AltaVisaRider

Just to clarify it doesn’t turn with the wheel. 

Because you have the sport nob I don’t think it’s necessary. Where as on a Tige for example there’s no other buttons so it’s nice.

Got one... awesome.....

Does the same thing as the sport dash knob so deleted that and went the wheel. Unlike in your car the controls stay central when you turn, so you dont accidently knock the buttons. You then get a console in leu of the rotary sport dash knob.

I have it. Unless you don’t care about the money I would skip it.  As stated, the sport knob and the screens are redundant to the wheel.  I also like that my wife can reach the sport knob as a passenger, so even if you get the wheel I would keep the sport knob.  

That said, I do use the command wheel and it is cool.  But if ordering new, I would put that money towards other options. 

I have it as well and almost never use it. The only thing I have really used it for is to mute audio when a rider goes down otherwise I use the sport knob. To me it’s not worth the money. 

I don't have one as my boat is a 16, but it seems very intuitive if you are used to operating a modern automobile with similar features. It is a shame that it's an option as it simply makes more sense. Automobile manufacturers don't typically charge extra for steering wheel mounted controls. I am sure that the command wheel is great for most users, because that is what they are used to. I'm not sure why Malibu and other boat manufacturers don't simply have the steering wheel controls and delete the command wheel, etc. This would also simplify wiring harnesses and make  them interchangeable which would in turn lower production costs.

• Like 1

Driven a boat with it a few times and I hate it. As everyone said, get the sport knob and that does everything (less 2 buttons I believe) the command wheel does, and the knob is accessible by your passenger. I hate the command wheel though because it does stay in place, so when turning sometimes & really whipping the wheel around my hand has hit it and it doesn't feel great. Save the money and don't get it.

23 hours ago, NorNevRider said:

I don't have one as my boat is a 16, but it seems very intuitive if you are used to operating a modern automobile with similar features. It is a shame that it's an option as it simply makes more sense. Automobile manufacturers don't typically charge extra for steering wheel mounted controls. I am sure that the command wheel is great for most users, because that is what they are used to. I'm not sure why Malibu and other boat manufacturers don't simply have the steering wheel controls and delete the command wheel, etc. This would also simplify wiring harnesses and make  them interchangeable which would in turn lower production costs.

This won't happen because while it may lower production costs, most of the margin is built into the options. This has been uttered in their earning's calls (yes, @IXFE is not the only one who listens to those..) multiple times. Not to mention if they did that, it would make the boats more "premium" out of the box, and therefore increase the prices... then I could enjoy EVEN MORE popcorn while reading about prices. 

Joking aside, this is standard for the industry when it comes to how vehicle pricing/profit works.  They get you in the door with a lower "entry model" or maybe even a "well-equipped"... then people start checking boxes left and right, driving the margin higher per sale. They are doing it with Axis and the PW2 this year, just like they did with SurfGate.

• Like 2