Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tow Vehicle Recommendations (Help)

MustGoFast

Yeper when we pulled almost every weekend ( Running the NHRA  curcut  ) We pulled with HD F series vehicles.  If we would have stayed in we were going 18 wheeler.  But for me today the big SUV is the best of all worlds for me. I can change the ride on the fly from luxury to sport or more of a HD ride. Nothing like a good HD truck but 99% of the time I don't need a truck. And big yellow dog loves his luxury dog house on wheels. I have had Broncos or SUV's since I started working. Only had three cars. Love my utility vehicles.  I had 25 broncos. they were my daily drivers.   

I get off cheap for towing.  I live around 8 miles from the lake. Flat, slow, easy. So, I rent a U-haul or Enterprise truck each and every saturday or sunday during the summer.

$20 bucks plus mileage. Both places within a mile treat me like gold. Brand new vehicles sometimes twice a year !   Any issue, truck or trailer they would dispatch help, regardless of issue.  Never had an issue, but what great assurance.

Steve B.

Edited by Steve B.
  • Like 3

$160.00 a month for 4 months=$640. Then add two trips using a nice Enterprise diesel 4x4 for $200.ea= $400.00.  Total= $1040.00  (no charge for mileage or gas on the Enterprise as long as 300 miles or less).

It means only 1 car in the drive, no insurance, roadside assistance, brand new vehicles always, no maintenance. It's a no brainer for me.

Steve B.

I used to add the $10 that U-haul offers as coverage, but as it turns out with Progressive, all those things are covered the same. However, using my insurance I still have a $500 deductible. With their insurance there is no deductible.

Both U-haul and Enterprise have ZERO issue towing a boat or whatever someone wants to tow. They provide the hitch receiver, and adapter I need from 4 pin to 5 pin. Originally, they asked the weight I was towing, but it was well within the vehicles tow capacity.

Both companies offer a "quick" reserve and rental, and key return for off-hours return. It takes all of 4 minutes to go in, grab the keys and go. I pay after the return.

Steve B.

• 3 years later...

Looking for exterior mod links, too, so please share them with us if you have any. I'm also interested in external engine tuning to improve the motor's aesthetic appearance. I am a fan of beautiful shapes and colors, and I wish to color the black engine of my car. I'm ready to pay whatever the price for it, even though I agree that the prices are spicy, to say the least. I purchased my car while in Japan, and I must admit I had some issues because I had no idea how to import a car from Japan. I was lucky enough to find the article from https://www.jdmbuysell.com/jdm-importing-tips/how-to-import-a-car-from-japan/, a very comprehensive source of information available for free for anyone looking to buy and import a car from Japan.

Edited by bajorjoevel