Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do I need to do to add PNP/bags-2017 20 VTX

Pilz

Yeah...I chatted with them but it wasn't exactly clear what all I needed.  If I had PNP, there was a simple option.  Trying to figure if I need an option that just connects to what I have or whether I need to add PNP option, then select a bag system  Pretty sure I fdon't have PNP as I see no dead-ended hoses in the compartments.

Do you have any plumbing back there?

you can tie into the existing plumbing and fill the bags from the overflow vent line from your hard tanks. Then Run an overflow vent line out of you bags out the side off the boat

No. It's stored away  The lines I see run along the top of the compartment.  So I figured you meant to feed off one of those into the top of a bag.  Not sure how gravity would flow into hard tank with that setup. 

Pilz, the way they used to get set up was the fill pump tied into the top of the bag and the bottom port drained into the hard tank.  You then tied the vent from the bag into a y cut into the tanks vent line.  It is pretty easy to do yourself but it has some drawbacks.  The biggest drawback is the gravity drain while emptying the bags.  Sometimes the bag drains slow into the tank.  Your pumps will shut off automatically when the tank shows empty, while the nag keeps draining.  Not a big deal, but I have forgot to double check and have loaded with a couple hundred pounds of ballast still in the tanks.

Edited by Malibuzer
1 hour ago, Pilz said:

No. It's stored away  The lines I see run along the top of the compartment.  So I figured you meant to feed off one of those into the top of a bag.  Not sure how gravity would flow into hard tank with that setup. 

I bet if you remove the false floor you will see your plumbing and be able to Y off the factory tanks.   But draining will be painful 

22 hours ago, Malibuzer said:

Pilz, the way they used to get set up was the fill pump tied into the top of the bag and the bottom port drained into the hard tank.  You then tied the vent from the bag into a y cut into the tanks vent line.  It is pretty easy to do yourself but it has some drawbacks.  The biggest drawback is the gravity drain while emptying the bags.  Sometimes the bag drains slow into the tank.  Your pumps will shut off automatically when the tank shows empty, while the nag keeps draining.  Not a big deal, but I have forgot to double check and have loaded with a couple hundred pounds of ballast still in the tanks.

Yep...that's what I thought.

Thanks all.