Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LSV25 Surf Pipe vs standard exhaust vs Silent Tip exhaust”

lashburn1

A friend is buying a 25LSV for wakesurfing. He is concerned about NOISE. We have heard that the surf pipe may negatively affect surf wake Quality. Any feedback or guidance appreciated. “

I don't have the surf pipe on mine but I did recently install the Fresh Air Exhaust (but I haven't been out on the water since installed since it was a winter project).  I wouldn't say it's a must have.  The surf pipe/FAE helps cut down on the exhaust and audible noise but it's not like it's unbearable without it.

ahopkins22LSV

Just to address one thing in your first question; I’ve surfed and driven many boats that have and don’t have the surf pipe. I would not say it negatively effects the surf way or effects it at all. 

So if your friend is just worried about noise the choice is between the STE and surf pipe option. Surf pipe will be quieter imo but as mentioned the STE help a lot too. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, bamaboy said:

Oh yeah @lashburn1????  A "FRIEND" wants a 25 LSV.  Sure sure. 

How many months has it been since the G21 there Lare bear?

Been a few months now. 

But this boat will not be mine. 

Still going to watch kids V-Ball every weekend. lol 😝 

On 2/16/2018 at 4:44 AM, bamaboy said:

Oh yeah @lashburn1????  A "FRIEND" wants a 25 LSV.  Sure sure. 

How many months has it been since the G21 there Lare bear?

Been a few months now. 

But this boat will not be mine. 

Still going to watch kids V-Ball every weekend. lol 😝 

Raptors are loud!!!!!! Nature of the beast. FAE didn't effect my 23LSV surf wake with the exception of minor rooster tail at wakeboard/ high speed.

Edited by alpensurf23
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Dfowkes said:

Great day on the water. Little cold at 52 degrees water temperature. My report is that the interior boat noise went down only a little but the noise while surfing is considerably less. No more smell or smoke while surfing. Very pleased with the FAE. 

A100D3AB-D666-4355-971B-93CF1D0048DF.jpeg

Clean looking big wave. Nice.

• Like 2
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, Dfowkes said:

Great day on the water. Little cold at 52 degrees water temperature. My report is that the interior boat noise went down only a little but the noise while surfing is considerably less. No more smell or smoke while surfing. Very pleased with the FAE. 

A100D3AB-D666-4355-971B-93CF1D0048DF.jpeg

What is your ballast setup?

5 hours ago, ryangb said:

What is your ballast setup?

Stock ballast full plus 675lbs rear lockers and 700 lbs of lead spread out throughout the boat. That day we only 2 people in the boat while the 3rd was surfing. Sometimes hard recruit people to surf with water temp at 52 degrees but the air temp was 68 degrees. Wedge set 3 clicks from lift and we like to surf at 11.2. mph. I also have other pics that show the steam coming out before the FAE. In the picture above no more steam and zero exhaust smell. Bottom picture from this summer note the steam.

68E45405-988F-489E-BE80-32AE9B64818A.jpeg

Edited by Dfowkes
Typo
1 hour ago, Dfowkes said:

Sometimes hard recruit people to surf with water temp at 52 degrees

You can put me on your call list. I live near folsom lake and am willing to travel a bit. There hasn't been a day too cold for me to ride. No wind and at least partly sunny are my requirements.  I tried to gather a crew for tomorrow and it's supposed to be a high of 52 air temps. No luck so far. I have a crew of about 5 that are solid for year round riding. 

On 2018-02-19 at 6:31 PM, Dfowkes said:

Stock ballast full plus 675lbs rear lockers and 700 lbs of lead spread out throughout the boat. That day we only 2 people in the boat while the 3rd was surfing. Sometimes hard recruit people to surf with water temp at 52 degrees but the air temp was 68 degrees. Wedge set 3 clicks from lift and we like to surf at 11.2. mph. I also have other pics that show the steam coming out before the FAE. In the picture above no more steam and zero exhaust smell. Bottom picture from this summer note the steam.

68E45405-988F-489E-BE80-32AE9B64818A.jpeg

Wave looks really good. What prop are you running? 

1 hour ago, ryangb said:

Wave looks really good. What prop are you running? 

Stock prop 2277, but we have the 575 Raptor with the 1.5 to 1 transmission.  Others with a 2016 25LSV and the 450 are also running the 2277 with great success.  The 2017 25LSV's have the 2 to 1 ratio and are running the 17" props.