Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Music services

Hyperryd

21 minutes ago, racer808 said:

I'm a former techno head, been mixing records & playing raves since 93.  I just can't get into some of the newer stuff or Bass Nectar, or anything that sounds like Dubstep.  I really enjoy Deadmou5e & Eric Prydz in the headphones at the gym it's just not good boat music

Agreed!!!! Good music is not necessarily boat music!  It's a fine line.  I have an Eric Prydz pandora station but would never play it on the boat!

8 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

Agreed!!!! Good music is not necessarily boat music!  It's a fine line.  I have an Eric Prydz pandora station but would never play it on the boat!

Oh dude, check out all his live sets & podcasts on Soundcloud (I never actually looked on Spotify so I don't know if you already have them).  I think it's funny that I LOVE Prydz & his crew for gym music, but I don't think they've done a lot of drugs cause it isn't good party music when "rolling" along.  Still prefer Sasha, Quiver, Herman Cantanaro, Nick Warren for those nights.  

41 minutes ago, ibelonginprison said:

Logan can introduce you to some EDM stuff that's a mix of electronic and live/big band feel. Like Big Gigantic, Griz etc.
We were at a Marian Hill concert this weekend and loooots of women were going nuts, which is a good sign for "boat music." My wife llllllloves lots of their stuff. Particularly "Subtle Thing" at the moment.

I like a lot of the new stuff on Alison Wonderland's new album, as well as Gents and Jawns, and I've been on a R3hab kick lately, but that's definitely all electronic.
I'm almost ashamed to admit I downloaded Cardi B's "I Like It" - but it has a llllllot of bass, so it sounds good on the boat. 

Big Gigantic is out, but I am groving on Griz!  Liking that right now.  Griz be some real good funk / electro for anyone else looking for something to check out.  Thanks prison guy!

Edited by racer808

The problem with cell streaming in my boat is we are regularly where there is no service.  (Redfish Lake, Alturas Lake, etc. Idaho)  I hate to pay for subscriptions, especially when half the time when I am car traveling (and want music, podcasts or something like Stern but better) I have no coverage.  It is why a trial of Sirius/XM tempts me with my new to me truck.  BUT, now I obscured the antenna (2010 Ram 2500) with the camper/topper.  So I may bail on the extended trial I paid for.    It would be nice if cell phones and sat radios could merge tech.  I hate to have to have another device like a Sirius radio I have to haul around and pay a subscription for.  

I like to own my music, have it on a large capacity phone, and bluetooth it with my own playlists, etc.  It annoys me that the phone companies and apple and everyone else seems to be steering us toward all media content on the cloud.  I don't always have access to the cloud.

Also, if the tech merged, it would be nice to have communication in the out of service areas, whilst mountain biking, boating, hiking, etc.  Just in case.  Without having to buy some sat phone in addition.

Edited by sunvalleylaw
12 minutes ago, racer808 said:

Oh dude, check out all his live sets & podcasts on Soundcloud (I never actually looked on Spotify so I don't know if you already have them).  I think it's funny that I LOVE Prydz & his crew for gym music, but I don't think they've done a lot of drugs cause it isn't good party music when "rolling" along.  Still prefer Sasha, Quiver, Herman Cantanaro, Nick Warren for those nights.  

I'll have to check it out, I've been listening to above and beyond group therapy, Armin's ASOT and cosmic gate's wake your mind. They are all on spotify.

40 minutes ago, racer808 said:

I'm a former techno head, been mixing records & playing raves since 93.  I just can't get into some of the newer stuff or Bass Nectar, or anything that sounds like Dubstep.  I really enjoy Deadmou5e & Eric Prydz in the headphones at the gym it's just not good boat music

I pulled out some old Paul Oakenfold from the mid 90's earlier today when I saw he was going to be at Imagine this fall. Ah, memories. lol 

Saw Deadmau5 at Imagine last year, man that dude weaves a good environment live. You have to dig progressive house, though, for sure. Some people were like "eh, he wasn't that good." Then I look at who they follow and Bassnectar is always on that list. LOL 

I'm also a fan of Illenium (especially the remix of "Say It") and some Seven Lions.  It's a different type of EDM than the harder stuff, but you're right, probably not good boat music. I'm with you, not a dub fan, really.  Some of my stuff from last year include Major Lazer "light it up" and "believer," Diplo has some things that I blast, especially the Unlike Pluto remix of "Revolution." Hippie Sabotage, Kiiara and a few others. 

As far as hip hop, "Kill Jill" by Big Boi was a big hit, "No Complaints" by Metro Boomin, couple Migos songs, DRAM, "Glow Up" by Meek Mill, Future, Childish Gambino etc.

Anyone using Apple Music? I am willing to swap lake playlists(adult only and kid friendly). Mostly dance/hip-hop on my playlist, stuff with good beats.

I usually test it out on my stereo in my Jeep, if it sounds good there then it is upgraded to the lake playlist.

Edited by CBray4
1 minute ago, ibelonginprison said:

I pulled out some old Paul Oakenfold from the mid 90's earlier today when I saw he was going to be at Imagine this fall. Ah, memories. lol 

Saw Deadmau5 at Imagine last year, man that dude weaves a good environment live. You have to dig progressive house, though, for sure. Some people were like "eh, he wasn't that good." Then I look at who they follow and Bassnectar is always on that list. LOL 

I'm also a fan of Illenium (especially the remix of "Say It") and some Seven Lions.  It's a different type of EDM than the harder stuff, but you're right, probably not good boat music. I'm with you, not a dub fan, really.  Some of my stuff from last year include Major Lazer "light it up" and "believer," Diplo has some things that I blast, especially the Unlike Pluto remix of "Revolution." Hippie Sabotage, Kiiara and a few others. 

As far as hip hop, "Kill Jill" by Big Boi was a big hit, "No Complaints" by Metro Boomin, couple Migos songs, DRAM, "Glow Up" by Meek Mill, Future, Childish Gambino etc.

I have pretty much agreed with everything you have said in this thread. We run our music the same way it seems. Good taste my friend, good taste!

12 minutes ago, ibelonginprison said:

I like some Seven Lions stuff.  I am all about the progressive house & trance music, it's my roots man!  I'll look up the other artists you've mentioned, find me some new stuff

Check out Gramatik too.
And Grizmatik, it's Griz and Gramatik together if I remember correctly. 

My playlists have a bunch of this stuff on it:
R3hab (his remixes and original stuff), Pretty Lights, Diplo, Above and Beyond, Odesza, Zeds Dead, San Holo, Alison Wonderland (specifically U Don't Know, Naked, No, Run, and Happy Place... at least at the moment), Alok and Bruno Martini (deep house),  Gorgon City (deep house), Deorro, Major Lazer (which is actually Diplo, and a few other collab artists,) Avicii of course, Flume, Illenium, Kygo, Calvin Harris, Armin van Buuren, Martin Garrix,  Khalid (not DJ Khaled), DJ Snake (yeah, I said it, obviously "turn down for what" is not on the list) Some more recent'ish Far East Movement (FVR and Freal Luv) ... Flosstradamus "Back Again" was a hit with the girls this past summer, Kiesza, KSHMR, Jauz, Kiiara, Zhu, Yellow Claw, there's at least one Slushii song in there, but I have a hard time taking that dude seriously with that damn hair. 

You could always dip back to the club days man... Rockell "In a dream", Jocelyn "a little bit of ecstasy" lol

As long as you don't say Marshmello or Chainsmokers, we're cool. Although, "Keep it Mello" was actually a decent song. Marshmello quickly went to 'tween jams' And if a 12 year old girl squeals "oh I love __________" it's probably not going to get that girl in the string bikini dancing in the cove.

Hip Hop
ScHoolboy Q, A Tribe Called Quest (old stuff man), Big Sean, Future, Kevin Gates, J Cole, A$AP Ferg, B.o.B., Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, Rae Sremmurd ('come get her' is like... one of my friends theme song - yes, girl lol), Migos, gotta have some 2 Chainz, even if it's just for entertainment factor, Rich Homie Quan, Big Krit ... oh yeah, Mike Jones, Goodie Mob, Outkast of course, etc.

Maybe that will give you something to cruise Soundcloud to for a while. 

5 hours ago, sunvalleylaw said:

The problem with cell streaming in my boat is we are regularly where there is no service.

That is one advantage of Spotify. You can download the playlists and play offline...

my wife likes pandora, but the rest of my family is on Spotify so that’s pretty much all we use.

• Like 1

I know there are some SoCal guys on here. Anyone listen to ska? I’m looking for some new stuff.  When I was in Huntington Beach for a weekend, I saw Tunnel Vison do a live set. I liked the style before, but the live set sold me lol

• 2 years later...
On 5/8/2018 at 6:03 PM, ibelonginprison said:

Check out Gramatik too.
And Grizmatik, it's Griz and Gramatik together if I remember correctly. 

My playlists have a bunch of this stuff on it:
R3hab (his remixes and original stuff), Pretty Lights, Diplo, Above and Beyond, Odesza, Zeds Dead, San Holo, Alison Wonderland (specifically U Don't Know, Naked, No, Run, and Happy Place... at least at the moment), Alok and Bruno Martini (deep house),  Gorgon City (deep house), Deorro, Major Lazer (which is actually Diplo, and a few other collab artists,) Avicii of course, Flume, Illenium, Kygo, Calvin Harris, Armin van Buuren, Martin Garrix,  Khalid (not DJ Khaled), DJ Snake (yeah, I said it, obviously "turn down for what" is not on the list) Some more recent'ish Far East Movement (FVR and Freal Luv) ... Flosstradamus "Back Again" was a hit with the girls this past summer, Kiesza, KSHMR, Jauz, Kiiara, Zhu, Yellow Claw, there's at least one Slushii song in there, but I have a hard time taking that dude seriously with that damn hair. 

You could always dip back to the club days man... Rockell "In a dream", Jocelyn "a little bit of ecstasy" lol

As long as you don't say Marshmello or Chainsmokers, we're cool. Although, "Keep it Mello" was actually a decent song. Marshmello quickly went to 'tween jams' And if a 12 year old girl squeals "oh I love __________" it's probably not going to get that girl in the string bikini dancing in the cove.

Hip Hop
ScHoolboy Q, A Tribe Called Quest (old stuff man), Big Sean, Future, Kevin Gates, J Cole, A$AP Ferg, B.o.B., Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, Rae Sremmurd ('come get her' is like... one of my friends theme song - yes, girl lol), Migos, gotta have some 2 Chainz, even if it's just for entertainment factor, Rich Homie Quan, Big Krit ... oh yeah, Mike Jones, Goodie Mob, Outkast of course, etc.

Maybe that will give you something to cruise Soundcloud to for a while. 

@ibelonginprisonWhats your Spotify name? I would like to look up your playlists.