Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Wakestter LSV 23 - Limp Mode within first 10hrs

Leschi_Jeff

Wondering if anyone has had experience with the Monsoon engine going into limp mode within the first 10hrs of operation?

Background: Just purchased a NEW '07 LSV and have followed the break-in procedures in the 2006 manual 100% (2007 manuals aren't available yet). Today, after the 7th hour, with the full ballast, the engine started going into "limp mode" when RPMs was over 4k. All fluids were perfect/full, engine sounded fine, no odd noises or anything. The display read: "Eng Fault" and the engine rpms would drop to limp mode (2k or so)...

The only thing I can think of is that there is a system that will not allow RMPs to exceed 4k until there is some minimum number of hours on the engine?? Or simply the computer is screwed up...

Either way, the new 07 is back in the shop... Any thoughts would be great.

Jeff

Edited by Leschi_Jeff

Jeff - Welcome to the site, and to the LSV family!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the Monsoon. I've got almost 200 hours on ours and it's running like a champ.

I'm sure your dealer will have you back on the water in no time. Keep on them.

Wondering if anyone has had experience with the Monsoon engine going into limp mode within the first 10hrs of operation?

Background: Just purchased a NEW '07 LSV and have followed the break-in procedures in the 2006 manual 100% (2007 manuals aren't available yet). Today, after the 7th hour, with the full ballast, the engine started going into "limp mode" when RPMs was over 4k. All fluids were perfect/full, engine sounded fine, no odd noises or anything. The display read: "Eng Fault" and the engine rpms would drop to limp mode (2k or so)...

The only thing I can think of is that there is a system that will not allow RMPs to exceed 4k until there is some minimum number of hours on the engine?? Or simply the computer is screwed up...

Jeff

Not that I'm aware of. Engine temp was okay?

Jeff - Welcome to the site, and to the LSV family!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the Monsoon. I've got almost 200 hours on ours and it's running like a champ.

I'm sure your dealer will have you back on the water in no time. Keep on them.

Thanks for the response. I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out to be something pretty minor, but we shall see...

JT

Jeff

Not that I'm aware of. Engine temp was okay?

Yea, I was really watching all the gauges, temps, fluid levels, etc during the break-in and everything was fine. Just would pretty much shut down when over 4k for more than 30 seconds. I'll let you know what the shop comes up with..

JT

Do you have a fresh water cooling system on that engine?

We went into limp-mode and then promptly overheated under 20 hours. We had some issues with our FWC system (2006 LSV w/HH vs. Monsoon) and the flow rate for the system had to be modified, as directed by Indmar. We also went into limp mode after the break-in due to a faulty lanyard switch. This is a known issue with some '06 boats and I am guessing was resolved for the '07 line. Thought I would mention it just in case however.

G-Pac

Jeff

It is probably an issue with the fly by wire..... There is a safety feature built into the boat that tells the engine to go to idle and neutral if the parameters on the fly by wire are out of wack. Mine did a similar thing.

Heard back from the shop and as thought, there was a bad engine sensor that caused the engine issue. Very minor and ready to be back on the water... Biggrin.gif