Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Did I miss the boat?

victoryismine06

I'm in the market for my first true tow boat. I've been around boats and the lake my entire life but so far only I/Os and a friends older DD Mastercraft stars and stripes.

I've been checking boattrader, onlyinboards, craigslist, etc almost daily now for a couple months. My main focus has been 2016-2017 23 and 25 lsv's. Trying to not top 100k and really want something with warrenty. 

I've definitely noticed a decrease in listenings and I'm starting to think I should of pulled the trigger on a couple boats that weren't exactly what I wanted but definitely would of done the job. Now with the boat show this weekend I can't help but feel I messed up. A lot of the 2017's that are left are the ones with the somewhat questionable color schemes. 

Should I try to jump on a boat now or is there hope left when spring gets a little closer? 

6 minutes ago, victoryismine06 said:

I'm in the market for my first true tow boat. I've been around boats and the lake my entire life but so far only I/Os and a friends older DD Mastercraft stars and stripes.

I've been checking boattrader, onlyinboards, craigslist, etc almost daily now for a couple months. My main focus has been 2016-2017 23 and 25 lsv's. Trying to not top 100k and really want something with warrenty. 

I've definitely noticed a decrease in listenings and I'm starting to think I should of pulled the trigger on a couple boats that weren't exactly what I wanted but definitely would of done the job. Now with the boat show this weekend I can't help but feel I messed up. A lot of the 2017's that are left are the ones with the somewhat questionable color schemes. 

Should I try to jump on a boat now or is there hope left when spring gets a little closer? 

After the boat show, I got a number of serious buyers contact me.  My boat is pending sale at the moment and i have people calling me and getting in line in case things fall through.  The boat show will bring out the used boat buyers, so you will have more buyers to compete with.  If you find something that you like, you might want to jump on it.  Its about to quickly turn into a sellers market come March. 

Many of the boats being upgraded with boat show purchases are still in storage. You'll see a huge rise in the number of boats for sale in Spring when orders start rolling in. That is also when us ordinary folk pull our junk out of storage and look to upgrade and/or sell.

Patience.

I agree with what others are saying.  I am sure you will find options on a 23LSV.  Might be a little tougher to find a nice 25LSV under $100k, and if you do, especially with spring just around the corner, be ready to jump on it quickly.

ahopkins22LSV

Where are you located, my dealer has quite a few 17 23 LSVs left over. Some demo, some still brand new. All have good color patterns imo. 

I think this link should filter their inventory to their 2017 LSVs. https://www.skierspier.com/default.asp?page=xAllInventory#page=xAllInventory&sq=Lsv&year=2017

3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

There will be a lot more listed as spring comes closer.  A lot of people pull their ads in winter

I hope you're right, I'm slightly worried there's just not that many serial boat flippers out there letting 16 and 17's go already.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Click this link below in my signature...

Dang, your boat almost checks all the boxes on my wish list. If/when I give in on a few of my preferences I'll definitely give you a call if its still available. Feel free to laugh at my line of thinking on a couple of my major preferences. For a 23, I'd prefer a G4 and seadeck flooring, but for a 25 I'd give in on the G4 for the extra space and wakeview seating. It appears I'll most likely have to give in on the G4 tower regardless. One thing I have yet to give in on, are surf gates that don't match the bottom accent color. It looks so out of place to me when they don't match.

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Where are you located, my dealer has quite a few 17 23 LSVs left over. Some demo, some still brand new. All have good color patterns imo. 

I think this link should filter their inventory to their 2017 LSVs. https://www.skierspier.com/default.asp?page=xAllInventory#page=xAllInventory&sq=Lsv&year=2017

I'm in Fort Wayne Indiana, but wouldn't hesitate at all for a cross country road trip. Our boat show is usually not the best. I might head to the Grand Rapids or Indy show as well just to check things out.

Edited by victoryismine06
ahopkins22LSV
23 minutes ago, victoryismine06 said:

I hope you're right, I'm slightly worried there's just not that many serial boat flippers out there letting 16 and 17's go already.

Dang, your boat almost checks all the boxes on my wish list. If/when I give in on a few of my preferences I'll definitely give you a call if its still available. Feel free to laugh at my line of thinking on a couple of my major preferences. For a 23, I'd prefer a G4 and seadeck flooring, but for a 25 I'd give in on the G4 for the extra space and wakeview seating. It appears I'll most likely have to give in on the G4 tower regardless. One thing I have yet to give in on, are surf gates that don't match the bottom accent color. It looks so out of place to me when they don't match.

I'm in Fort Wayne Indiana, but wouldn't hesitate at all for a cross country road trip. Our boat show is usually not the best. I might head to the Grand Rapids or Indy show as well just to check things out.

If any of those five interest you, private message me and I’ll get you in touch with the sales manager. 

30 minutes ago, victoryismine06 said:

Smart sellers won't be listing their boats in most areas for a couple more months or so, a couple weeks prior to memorial day is prime IMO.  However, I sense you're pretty particular, for 100k you should be, but sad to say these days even with a 100k budget at some point soon (so that you don't miss any of Indiana's short boating season) you're probably gonna have to give on something, whether it's an option or 2 on a 16/17 model or upping the budget and ordering exactly what you want...or dare I say, exploring other brands.  

5 hours ago, victoryismine06 said:

Keep in mind the G4 is a ($5k-ish) expensive option that sellers will be trying to recoup the price back. The G4 has the clamping racks which is a $2k option on the G3. My boat has clamping racks on the G3.

What sports are you doing and how many people do you plan on joining you?  

With thus being your first true tow boat, you may find there are more options than what you're looking at. 

Edited by Pra4sno

WE were at the STL boat show last weekend.  We were going to get a 23LSV but the distance between seller and me didnt work out enough in a timely manner.  So tot he show we went.  We found that by getting in and out of 12 different boats, grabby sales staff, and passer-byers to fill up the boat that we do not necessarily need a 23' ,  we found several 22's that worked for us and even a 21'6".  It opened us up to a whole new set of boats to look at/for in the used market...

I will say in the last week the number of boats we have found listed has gone up tremendously in the last week or so compared to the  previous month....there will be more coming.....

1 hour ago, bottlefedsi said:

Here is mine if you dont mind traveling to Florida,  it still have 4.3 years left of warranty and a major list of upgrades.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2017-MALIBU-22-MXZ-LOADED-ALL-THE-FLAKE-POSSIBLE-15K-JL-AUDIO-SYSTEM-for-sale-Clermont-Florida-80304.aspx

nice boat.....

• Like 1

Have you asked the Malibu dealers for a list of trade ins? A lot of dealers have made deals based on trade ins by now. Looking at the larger boat dealers in the bigger market regions might help as well. Some might also know owners looking to sell on their own. Just some thoughts. Best of luck.:)

On 2/13/2018 at 9:19 PM, victoryismine06 said:

No Wake Marine in Cincinnati has a 2016 25LSV listed at $99,900.  They’re a great dealership.