Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

School me on lift canopies

oldjeep

1 hour ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

Currently, I am finalizing the details on our third Floe (8,000 #). We have had two 5,000# lifts up until this point and have had a couple different canopy configurations. I have posted pictures of the two we have had so far. The extended drop on the side was certainly an upgrade over the framed extensions. The new 8,000# lift will likely have curtains as the extended drop made our current canopy suppppper heavy. I have tons of pictures so feel free to ask questions. I realize this is a long shot due to distance but both of these lifts are for sale if you were interested. 

The first picture is our original set up - 26' Canopy with FLOE canopy extensions. 

Second picture is our most recent set up - 28' Canopy with long drop on canopy / has sleeves with chain that are attached with industrial zippers to keep the sides from flapping) 

Last picture, is the set up we will be going with on the new lift - 30' canopy with curtains (not the lift but gives you an idea of the set up). 

IMG_5275.jpg

Is that long drop on your black canopy shown here a factory floe canopy? To clarify, this also doesn’t have the extensions?

33 minutes ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

Is that long drop on your black canopy shown here a factory floe canopy? To clarify, this also doesn’t have the extensions?

It is not a factory FLOE canopy and does not have extensions. It simply has chains that are sewn into sleeves that are zippered on. I attached another picture for reference. 

IMG_5274.jpg

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

It is not a factory FLOE canopy and does not have extensions. It simply has chains that are sewn into sleeves that are zippered on. I attached another picture for reference. 

IMG_5274.jpg

Interested in where you picked that up. Looks great!

LC Covers in LaGrange, IN. Larry is the owners name. Tell him I sent you. He currently makes the OEM cover for 5 different lift companies. I will never buy a canopy from anywhere else. The quality is unmatched.