Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Soft grip flooring

Dhoff9

I just ordered an ‘18 MLX and I am sure I don’t want carpet but am undecided if I want Malibu to install their Soft Grip flooring or if I should go with something aftermarket. Any suggestions? I have read that pre-2017 the soft grip would get really hot but that they have since changed the material to solve that problem. 

So this is not a direct comparision -  but I'm sure all the boat mfg that are doing EVA Foam flooring are using very similar products.

I'm in the process of replacing my carpet in my Sunsetter for exactly the reason you're concerned about.....

Keep in mind, I do a lot of boating on Lake Powell Utah - where daytime summer temps are near 100+, with intense sun.  Carpet cannot be walked on at that point, we end up splashing water on it throughout the day.

One day last summer, when I was at the fuel dock, a  current model year Nautique pulled up to fuel - it had the full EVA Foam flooring and I asked that specific question.  they said they could walk on it all day long.

Edited by DonT

Congrats on the new boat! Pics of it?

Check out Gator Step for a good aftermarket flooring and upper deck option. http://www.gatorstep.com/

They're a local company to me but are also now the OEM for a number of the other boat brands. Quite a few on here have gone with their flooring and have good things to say about it in the sun, even with their black flooring color in hot climates. I'm going with it on my new boat too.

Edited by NWBU

No pics yet. Delivers in April. 

I’ve read about Gator Step and user reviews sound positive. For convenience, having Malibu instal Soft Grip in the factory would be my preference. Just wondered if anyone had an experience with that and/or something aftermarket that I should consider. 

Cost is $1,425. Curious how that compares as well. 

Thanks

ahopkins22LSV
31 minutes ago, Dhoff9 said:

No pics yet. Delivers in April. 

I’ve read about Gator Step and user reviews sound positive. For convenience, having Malibu instal Soft Grip in the factory would be my preference. Just wondered if anyone had an experience with that and/or something aftermarket that I should consider. 

Cost is $1,425. Curious how that compares as well. 

Thanks

I really like the factory soft grip flooring. I’ve used many 17’s with it. It’s very similar to gatorstep. I think it’s a good option to go with.