Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat loans??.

MJO21

The only sound advice anyone can give about loans on this forum,  without understanding someone's life and complete financial picture is: "don't be stupid"

But back on topic, my dealer got me 4.99% for 15 yr loan on a new boat through a local credit union. 

• Like 2
On 2/13/2018 at 7:24 PM, vanamp said:

If you don't have a boat loan congratulations your credit score is safe. 

quick side note.. its not a credit score.. its a measure of how much you love debt  How much you like the bank taking advantage of your back door.. Anyways, continue on yall

Edited by AJwakedevil
On 2/13/2018 at 10:58 PM, RCorsa said:

For example I bought a new $150k Tesla model S..... 

As another example I bought my wife a new peloton bike for chrismas.....  

Sorry buddy.. just seeing this after the ferrari post on the towing thread..
Two things that mean nothing.
1. Its really annoying. Trust me.. I want to be a multi millionaire some day and am taking steps in my 20s to do that.. but i wont be throwing it all out there.. its more than annoying but thats the only word I care to use. Its not too disrespectful.

2. I agree with the examples. Youre on a different level than most people. You appear to have so much cash that your life is recession proof. As in you will not go hungry, no way, because you could sell something and be good. Others arent. But thats still void as taking a loan out is dumb if you cant "afford" it. 

On an actual loan topic, it will be interesting to see if people still use heloc loans to finance toys now that the interest is no longer deductible.  Might see a lot of refinancing this  year by folks who need to combine their mortgages to keep the deduction. 

12 minutes ago, AJwakedevil said:

Sorry buddy.. just seeing this after the ferrari post on the towing thread..
Two things that mean nothing.
1. Its really annoying. Trust me.. I want to be a multi millionaire some day and am taking steps in my 20s to do that.. but i wont be throwing it all out there.. its more than annoying but thats the only word I care to use. Its not too disrespectful.

2. I agree with the examples. Youre on a different level than most people. You appear to have so much cash that your life is recession proof. As in you will not go hungry, no way, because you could sell something and be good. Others arent. But thats still void as taking a loan out is dumb if you cant "afford" it. 

First,  I have to say I dont quite understand your trolling and getting “annoyed” by things you dont have but someday hope to achieve??  Your whole post is kind of flight of ideas and doesn’t make a lot of sense,.  This is especially true of the last sentence in your very official #2 point.  Word of advice -  if you really want to achieve something.  Try to read and learn as much about how others achieved what you are hoping to achieve and then duplicate those behaviors.  I’d love to hear about all these “steps” you’ve taken, in your 20s no less.  For you specifically, I would start by maybe going back to school and learning how to write succinctly to make a point.. Good luck “buddy” 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, RCorsa said:

First,  I have to say I dont quite understand your trolling and getting “annoyed” by things you dont have but someday hope to achieve??  Your whole post is kind of flight of ideas and doesn’t make a lot of sense,.  This is especially true of the last sentence in your very official #2 point.  Word of advice -  if you really want to achieve something.  Try to read and learn as much about how others achieved what you are hoping to achieve and then duplicate those behaviors.  I’d love to hear about all these “steps” you’ve taken, in your 20s no less.  For you specifically, I would start by maybe going back to school and learning how to write succinctly to make a point.. Good luck “buddy” 

I mean, I had it coming guys. I put little to no effort into my response to you @RCorsa. andddddddddd... thats all the energy I have for this response. Take care flamboyantly rich guy.

Edited by AJwakedevil
had to put more effort into coloring
1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

On an actual loan topic, it will be interesting to see if people still use heloc loans to finance toys now that the interest is no longer deductible.  Might see a lot of refinancing this  year by folks who need to combine their mortgages to keep the deduction. 

Factor in that interest rates have gone up quite a bit the last few months and it’s gonna be painful if people are wanting to cash out refinance their primary mortgage to cover toys/heloc. 

2 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Factor in that interest rates have gone up quite a bit the last few months and it’s gonna be painful if people are wanting to cash out refinance their primary mortgage to cover toys/heloc. 

Rates yesterday were still around 4% on a 30 year