Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New sound system, looking for some input

Romang

Picked up my boat in December and been working on it like mad.

When I bought it it had a new Kenwood HU, that is pretty decent.  

Had a new Pioneer gm d9605, it has 75x4 rms and 350x1 to sub.  Pair of fosgate tower speakers I think are 75rms.  And some old JL in boats and a sub.

I bought 4 Polk db652 for in boat and a new PP 900.4, to power them.  A new jl10w3v2 that is ran off the pioneer.  Also added a transom remote and Sirrius. 

Also found a pair of wetsounds mb8 tower speakers to pair with the others. 

Added a second battery with an add a battery with a pro mariner onboard charger.

Got it all hooked up today for testing so I can do the final install.

Sub sounds awesome, only got the dash speakers hooked up as the rest of the interior is at the upolsphy shop, but those sound awesome as well.

So now to my issue.  I hooked up my tower speakers according to this diagram and bridged them to the pioneer amp.  With the gain all the way up it sounds horrible, not very loud at all.

Anyone know any solution to my problem?  Or any other way to hook it up?

Thanks4_subs_SVC_4_ohm_2ch_bridged.jpg

Edited by Romang

What are the rest of the settings set at?  How are the RCA's set up?  How are you splitting front to back, boat to tower?

I would think you'd need to split the two left drivers from the two right drivers.  This will provide an 8 Ohm load to each of the two bridged channels.  The amp will be perfectly happy with an 8 Ohm load, running as a 3 channel amp.

Personally, I'd use the GM-D for the in-boats and the PP for the tower.  Both amps are great "best bang for the buck" amps.

3 hours ago, robtr8 said:

What are the rest of the settings set at?  How are the RCA's set up?  How are you splitting front to back, boat to tower?

I would think you'd need to split the two left drivers from the two right drivers.  This will provide an 8 Ohm load to each of the two bridged channels.  The amp will be perfectly happy with an 8 Ohm load, running as a 3 channel amp.

Personally, I'd use the GM-D for the in-boats and the PP for the tower.  Both amps are great "best bang for the buck" amps.

Thanks, I have since rewired it that way.  Sounds much better.