Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skiingat Club Med

foiler1

Never been myself, but maybe you know Blaine with Hydrodynamics. He used to teach/drive there off & on over several years. He used to come home with his foil pretty corroded.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
13 minutes ago, isellacuras said:

Not club med but i get to wakeboard and foil on Kauai next month. I'm pretty excited about that. 

Check out the Lava Lava beach club down the road from the river for sunset cocktails. Live music , some beach games for the kids and solid food/drink 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, isellacuras said:

Not club med but i get to wakeboard and foil on Kauai next month. I'm pretty excited about that. 

If I recall correctly, I think they use an older 21vlx.  I was there in 2015, and seeing the riders on the river was the moment my wife and I decided we need to get a boat of our own :) 

20 hours ago, Stevo said:

Check out the Lava Lava beach club down the road from the river for sunset cocktails. Live music , some beach games for the kids and solid food/drink 

+1 on the Lava Lava. Cheap happy hour, almost Wisconsin prices!!

3 hours ago, braindamage said:

+1 on the Lava Lava. Cheap happy hour, almost Wisconsin prices!!

Havent been to Lava Lava in Kauai, but I stayed at the Marriott next to the Lava Lava on the big Island.  I can tell you is was NOT cheep. I went probably 4 of the nights I was there and it was $250+ after tax each time. (Family of 4)

1 hour ago, SCMike said:

Havent been to Lava Lava in Kauai, but I stayed at the Marriott next to the Lava Lava on the big Island.  I can tell you is was NOT cheep. I went probably 4 of the nights I was there and it was $250+ after tax each time. (Family of 4)

Prices on Kauai in general are less expensive. The dinners and drinks were kind of expensive except during happy hour.

https://lavalavabeachclub.com/kauai/restaurant/happy-hour-menu/

3 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Prices on Kauai in general are less expensive. The dinners and drinks were kind of expensive except during happy hour.

https://lavalavabeachclub.com/kauai/restaurant/happy-hour-menu/

Wow, great happy hour prices!  Everything in Hawaii is typically super expensive.  I’ve leaned to just go with it.  It makes for a much more enjoyable vacation.  I’m heading to the north shore of Oahu in April, can wait.  

On 2/7/2018 at 4:43 AM, foiler1 said:

Hey all. 17 days until Club Med in Cancun. HAs anyone been and skied? Online it shows they have two Moombas and a MC. Cant wait   to get my toes wet!

Eddie Roberts Jr (@shrededdie on IG) was a wakeboard and slalom instructor down there last year.  His dad is legendary in the sport of slalom skiing for building some of the greatest skis in history.  Still turning out Radar Vapor ProBuilds.  Might be worth pinging Junior on IG if you have that.  I'm sure he'd have plenty of tips.

On 2/10/2018 at 5:17 AM, foiler1 said:

It would be awesome if there was a foil there, but I don't think they will. 

Yea, might be a stretch if Blaine isn't working there anymore. Plus you might be disappointed in it's performance due to the corrosion. His got pretty beat up.

There are foils on Kauai though. The owner of the Kauai waterski center is an old foil rider. His son lives here & gets out to ride with us occasionally.

Wow, Eddie senior is where I got my first Airchair from back in 1993. I traded him a brand new 386-25 & monochrome monitor for it. His wife, Dawn, used it to do the books at HO. Crazy.