Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding a tower????

MJO21

I dont know about Sunscape specifically. But Roswell has some nice towers, would need to check your width to know if they fit.

From what I have heard, you may have to fiberglass in metal plates under the gunnel for support

Sure. If the glass is thin you'll want to reinforce it. How much access do you have to the back side?  

You could reinforce with metal and fiberglass. Or just fiberglass or star board or marine plywood etc. I'd reinforce as much as possible with whatever material you're comfortable with.  Roswell and new dimension and other companies  make nice towers but the best "budget" tower I've seen was made by joystick. 

I added a Titan III to my Sunscape 21 so a 23 should be no problem. There was plenty of access and room to add in aluminum backing plates. 

That color scheme looks just like my '03 RLXi.  It had the original factory Swoop tower on it when I picked it up last spring (now it's sitting in my backyard).  Do they still make towers for Malibu?

1rUIZwI.jpg

3 hours ago, Steve B. said:

Could he plop an Illusion or G3 on that baby?  For me, bimini coverage would part of the equation. And future speakers too.

Steve B.

My 2000 Wakesetter VLX has an Illusion X on it.  Fits perfect. I'm sure it was a expensive upgrade at the time...the previous owner had Mid Indiana put it on.  I've heard the G3 can run 10k plus...

I just sold my RLXI with a  titan III on it.  The buyer is in NH and is looking to sell the tower.  If you are interested send me a PM and I can forward over his contact info.

1 hour ago, obaro15 said:

I just sold my RLXI with a  titan III on it.  The buyer is in NH and is looking to sell the tower.  If you are interested send me a PM and I can forward over his contact info.

Package deal, I'll send the Swoop with it ;).  Whereabouts in NH did it end up?

1 hour ago, obaro15 said:

Your boat is a 93.5" beam.  That boat is a 100" beam - won't fit.  You should be able to get top dollar out of that T3 though as there is a demand and lack of supply for these.

As for the OP, the Sunscape is just a stripped down Wakesetter with a diamond hull.  It could have been optioned with a tower from the factory.  There are a number of options out there, all budget dependent.  DO NOT put a cheap Chinese tower on that boat.  Samson makes good stuff.  Could likely find a used Illusion that would fit.  G3 would be hard to find used and a budget breaker new.

10 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Your boat is a 93.5" beam.  That boat is a 100" beam - won't fit.  You should be able to get top dollar out of that T3 though as there is a demand and lack of supply for these.

As for the OP, the Sunscape is just a stripped down Wakesetter with a diamond hull.  It could have been optioned with a tower from the factory.  There are a number of options out there, all budget dependent.  DO NOT put a cheap Chinese tower on that boat.  Samson makes good stuff.  Could likely find a used Illusion that would fit.  G3 would be hard to find used and a budget breaker new.

I agree, the tower wont fit as is, but don't be afraid to modify it.  Squeeze the legs together or cut the whole thing apart and weld it back together.  Sometimes you just have to be creative.  I got my T3 from a bigger boat (cant remember which model) but I cut it apart and had it welded back together. I'll post some pictures in a new thread.

• Like 2

Well you've seen the newest.  In the Navy so lots of boats in my life.  Grew up on lakes in North Georgia, now lucky to be on anything freshwater.  1st time Malibu buyer, long time admirer. 

11 hours ago, Chop776 said:

Ummm.  This boat is sold.... to me.  Seriously, this is the first time I've been on this site. 

Well...now you at least have some tower options! Lol