Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory Tour

Wavemaker

I posted this very paragraph at the end of my thread on Axis boats but I think that board gets much less attention.  Since I'm touring the Malibu facility I thought I'd copy and paste it here on the Malibu side to see if anyone could answer any of my factory tour questions.....thanks!

Spray date is Feb 27th and I along with another 'bucrew member are going up to Louton on Mar 2nd for a factory tour.  The instructions I received say "no pictures" but I've seen several pics on here of boats in the build process; are they leniant about that rule when it comes to taking pics of your own boat?  They also said the tour was only 1 hour or so but I've seen others mention spending most of the day there.  I was told there was "no lingering around" - what am I missing here?

Hey WaveMaker.  I too have been sent those rules as we are headed out to Loudon, TN later this month.

My take is that with every tour there is a set of rules that are sent out ahead of time and based on what I have seen in the past, folks do take pictures and folks do mention the representatives from Malibu allowing visitors to stick around and ask questions.  I don't think those rules are hard and fast and I bet that it will be a wait and see type of situation.

There will probably be some areas where you are not allowed to take pictures and I bet that let you know ahead of time.

Enjoy the tour!

1 hour ago, Wavemaker said:

I posted this very paragraph at the end of my thread on Axis boats but I think that board gets much less attention.  Since I'm touring the Malibu facility I thought I'd copy and paste it here on the Malibu side to see if anyone could answer any of my factory tour questions.....thanks!

Spray date is Feb 27th and I along with another 'bucrew member are going up to Louton on Mar 2nd for a factory tour.  The instructions I received say "no pictures" but I've seen several pics on here of boats in the build process; are they leniant about that rule when it comes to taking pics of your own boat?  They also said the tour was only 1 hour or so but I've seen others mention spending most of the day there.  I was told there was "no lingering around" - what am I missing here?

If possible, request Kasey. He will make sure you have a great experience.  My tour was certainly longer than an hour.