Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Show Incentives (Buying a new boat)

Hermi88

Hey all,

We are heading to the Calgary boat show next weekend to look at purchasing a new boat! I have never really dealt with boat dealers in the past or purchased a new boat. My last boat was a 2003 Supreme. Got rid of it a few years ago when we decided to build a new house and now we are back in the market.

My question is what is a fair price to pay for a boat. Obviously everything is going to have a MSRP sticker price. I'm not against being fair to a dealer and sales person  but I also don't want to get taken to the cleaners but money is money. Do people say a certain percent above invoice pricing? Any past experience? Is the couple thousand dollar incentive you save on boats about as good as it gets? 

Thanks in advance!

-Herm

1 minute ago, MustGoFast said:

My research suggested ~ 25% off sticker + whatever the manf incentives are is a good expectation....

I see your boat is a 2018 Axis T22. Im really leaning towards the Axis A22. Is the 25% sticker around what you paid if you don't mind me asking?

3 hours ago, Hermi88 said:

I see your boat is a 2018 Axis T22. Im really leaning towards the Axis A22. Is the 25% sticker around what you paid if you don't mind me asking?

Counting the Axis rebate I got between 15-20% off list for my config - I think @Txstoj saying 15 is probably a good point to look for in the brand, I was happy with the price.  BU's you should expect to get 25% from what I've seen 

It will vary with region (more than you think), boat maker, time of season, model, etc.  Your coming into prime time selling season so don't expect anything crazy.

Keep this in mind... your building a relationship with your dealer.  Sit down and negotiate and keep it real.  Its definitely not like buying a new car.  Most importantly is they will be a huge help for you while you own the boat.  I guarantee you will need them and starting off on good terms is always a great way to kick off your new ownership.

My advise is to start working with your dealer now.  Get some data so you can make a more educated decision next week at the show.  The show is going to be a difficult place to go through the entire process, unless you plan to buy off the show floor.  If it were me, i’d Build something custom, and then use the boat show to negotiate and close the deal.