Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lakeside Lifts - anyone try them?

MustGoFast

Yeah that's the company.  They were about half the price of a "shorestation" for comparable size lifts when I looked last year.  From what I pulled on specs they seem to have a very similar design in many respects.  I met a guy last year who said he loved his which got me to look into it, but I didn't even know the questions to ask then - Hoping someone has seen them in person to provide more feedback.

I have a Lakeside 5500# lift.  I bought it about 5 years ago.  It is a good lift, but it wasn't as easy to assemble as advertised.  After a couple of calls to Lakeside I was able to get more detailed instructions that helped immensely.  The lift is very sturdy, although I did have some issues with the handwheel.  After 2 years I ditched it for the motor and 12V battery, and it is so much nicer to use now.  I thought it was a good buy, and I would buy it again. 

We have had a lakeside Lift going on 7 years now.  Great price point and very well made....much more formidable construction than our neighbours shorestation.

I have no hesitation in recommending the company to anyone.  I bought it from a dealer 1500 miles from us and it was shipped direct.  Even with the distance nothing but great service.

And yes don't even consider a hand wheel......go straight for the motor.  (although the hand wheel makes a nice garage decoration)

6 hours ago, SkiZilla said:

We have had a lakeside Lift going on 7 years now.  Great price point and very well made....much more formidable construction than our neighbours shorestation.

I have no hesitation in recommending the company to anyone.  I bought it from a dealer 1500 miles from us and it was shipped direct.  Even with the distance nothing but great service.

And yes don't even consider a hand wheel......go straight for the motor.  (although the hand wheel makes a nice garage decoration)

Great to hear - That's consistent of what I heard, but the price point was so much better I was a little concerned.  Honestly I'm a little surprised at what people are willing to pay for lifts from some of the labels.

28 minutes ago, mlsurf said:

I did not have a Lakeside but I had another off brand lift. Selling it was very difficult when I needed to get a bigger one. Went with a floe this time around and wouldn't go back.

Fair, but at half the price I can buy twice and still be at break even if I throw them away... Or just do it once big and not worry about it for a long time which is my current plan.

You need to consider whether or not u want to cover your boat or if your getting a lift for what should be the #1 reason of NOT having to cover your boat.

Some of the more expensive lifts have way better canopy options for more coverage.. 

MAX is the heaviest duty of all lifts period.. much thicker extrusion.  The downside of that is they are sooo much heavier!!!  Lil more than a LS but less than a SS. 

Floe is right up there as well very well built a lot of nice features... probably most expensive and one of the only ones thats up there with max in deep dish canopy options.

You also may want to check in to craft Lander.. lil better than LS and similar priced..

The best thing about a max is they have the deepest canopy as standard without expensive curtains or add on extensions.. they also have a new super deep dish which is 4+ft ribbed +2ft valance drop almost 7ft coverage! If u have it u would never go back.. 

Just remember the reason for having a boat lift is so you don't have to cover your boat! Unfortunately 99% of people with wakeboats are stuck covering their boats under the lift.. 

If you walk up shoulder high on any lift and push it sideways then you will know which ones are good and which ones are not.. 

Id look and feel a few brands for yourself in person.. people will always justify their purchase... But think how much better your boating will be with a great setup that makes sense for your situation.. just saying don't go off someone else's lift recommendations that doesn't or hasn't experienced numerous kinds.. 

Unfortunately this is the one item most ppl skimp on and it should be the last.

Edited by The Hulk

Bit late to the party, but I also own a Lakeside lift (4500 model) and can’t be happier.

I purchased it in 2015, assembled and installed it all by myself (!) without a problem. I bought an AC motor to replace the handwheel right from the start and love the combo.

A few months later I upgraded the canopy and added some 24” deep side courtains on both sides and the front. (I was able to locate a company who offers the same material & color and had it made to my specs and shipped to me.)

With that setup I can leave the boat on the lift and don’t have to put a cover on. It is protected from the elements and is so much more convenient to go out now: flip the switch, get into the boat, fire it up, good to go...

Edited by Chaabo
On 2/2/2018 at 10:10 AM, guitarcrazy said:

I have a Lakeside 5500# lift.  I bought it about 5 years ago.  It is a good lift, but it wasn't as easy to assemble as advertised.  After a couple of calls to Lakeside I was able to get more detailed instructions that helped immensely.  The lift is very sturdy, although I did have some issues with the handwheel.  After 2 years I ditched it for the motor and 12V battery, and it is so much nicer to use now.  I thought it was a good buy, and I would buy it again. 

Which motor did you end up going with, and if I can ask what was the cost?

One of them use to have angularly supports at bottom corners to keep the lift shape Better but it's been a few years since I compared.. perhaps I have them mixed up now that u say something... They could of changed since then..