Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Echelon Bimini

Pra4sno

Want to put a bimini onto the Echelon this spring and am hoping to get parts on order.  

Have been looking at this Westland model:   https://www.savvyboater.com/westland-bimini-top-sunbrella-3075-xa/

Any recommendations?  

Definitely going to get the Sunbrella fabric...but with so many choices its hard to pick which color!  Anyone have photos of their Bimini on a similar color combination as my boat?

4889YJvRr-QXWa94s4IPBhg4jRT55Q7VKm3m2zb4

7hw8eVt-Yog7W3-fPzcY1E985SpaWgUK2qSFxMIP

You know, honestly I've always knocked the teal and pink, never like it at all.  But yours, with the grey above and below the rail, and teal/pink accents (and pristine condition) looks really nice!  Nice job!

I'd go with a grey bimini that matches your gel and a large white stripe down the middle, with teal and pink accent strips on each side of the white stripe.  It'll probably cost like $500, but it will be really cool.

Years ago I saw a 3 year old Sunbrella boat cover in Florida that look brand new.  "I remember it as though it were a meal ago".  We were sitting in the boat next to it drinking beers and the owner of the boat that I was in was talking about the boats around him, and the recent stuff they've done to them.  He pointed out that cover and I was amazed, and was sold on Sunbrella.

@Pra4sno:  I don't have a bimini so I cant help a lot.  As for color, and your choices of grey or black, remember you will be using the boat potentially with the bimini folded over to the front where the fabric (and more specifically some of it) will be continuously exposed to sunlight and some covered up unless you add a cover.  To me, that points towards grey as that will minimize color differentials.  Also, it will be brighter under a grey bimini compared to under a black one.