Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

replacement shocks / struts

Falko

When it rains....

Wife's Armada needs new front shocks/struts, whatever they are. Looking for a good replacement that will last. Heavily leaning toward Bilstien 4600's. Thoughts, better recommendations?? TIA

15 minutes ago, Stevo said:

THREAD JACK,,, How bout a recommendations  for a  leveled f350 . 

looking to soften up the ride a bit. 

What year model is yours?  Does yours have leaf springs in rear? I know duallies do but unsure on the srw. 

For the Armada there are a lot of good OE replacements.  KYB have always been good to me and last 60-100k depending on use.

Rock auto has good pricing - their daily driver/OE section has lots of reasonable options.  

I always Google the shock brand + rebate before buying.  They almost always have something for buying 4 to take a chunk of change off.  

The Armada has blow-up rear shocks, very limited selection. They seem to be holding their own though, so I just need the fronts.

I read on a few forums last night that the 4600's are a good replacement for the stockers. I put KYB in my Avy and they softened the ride, but the shocks themselves physically started to rust really bad after the first winter. Kind of gave a bad taste. I'll look at those a little more though, I did like the ride and handling in the Sport-Like Utility Truck. 

8 hours ago, Stevo said:

2011, lariat longbed 4x4 SIngle rear wheel

I would have to say to give king shocks a call on yours. The rear on the fords are way stiff. And most of it comes from the lack of rebound damepening in the shocks. Most off the shelf shocks don't have enough rebound dampening to slow it down. That's why it feels like it's Gona throw you through the windshield when you go over a rough railroad crossing.  

King shocks are pricey but you get what you pay for. 

1 hour ago, spikew919 said:

I would have to say to give king shocks a call on yours. The rear on the fords are way stiff. And most of it comes from the lack of rebound damepening in the shocks. Most off the shelf shocks don't have enough rebound dampening to slow it down. That's why it feels like it's Gona throw you through the windshield when you go over a rough railroad crossing.  

King shocks are pricey but you get what you pay for. 

Dang, yeah those are pricey ...

9 hours ago, Stevo said:

2011, lariat longbed 4x4 SIngle rear wheel

I run the Fox non resi on my 4.5" lifted f250 and really like them. Much better then the stock and tons better then the rough country that came on the truck. 
Also not quite as expensive as the Kings.