Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RLXi Illusion X Tower

SmoothWaterMan

The towers seem too tall for those boats...maybe I am just used to seeing them on larger boats though? Dontknow.gif

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of towers on a Response. Just my opinion.

I do agree on the height, it's a bit tall for my taste as well. If a mini could have been gotten, I would have one on my boat already.

On a side note, you color some great looking boats Peter.

I agree. A mini or something in between would really look great! I have the swoop tower with a bimini and I really like the look with the combination of the two.

I do agree on the height, it's a bit tall for my taste as well. If a mini could have been gotten, I would have one on my boat already.

On a side note, you color some great looking boats Peter.

Interesting comments. What height off the floor of a RLXi would be your ideal?

I know the Extreme is killer looking, but it's a pretty soft tower compared to the Titan or Illusion X, and as with any boat & tower combo you have owners that absolutely love the look with the Illusion. It's an opinion, it can't be wrong. :)

You have those that hate mini's as being too short, and those that feel they are just right.

Peter

I was thinking of a line that more closely follows the windshield from the side view. That would reduce the height by about 8-12 inches (just looking at the pictures). I think it looks awesome though. I like it much better than my swoop alone.

Interesting comments. What height off the floor of a RLXi would be your ideal?

I know the Extreme is killer looking, but it's a pretty soft tower compared to the Titan or Illusion X, and as with any boat & tower combo you have owners that absolutely love the look with the Illusion. It's an opinion, it can't be wrong. :)

You have those that hate mini's as being too short, and those that feel they are just right.

Peter

I agree with Rip6. Following the lines of the windshield would make the Illusion X about perfect for that boat. Would make a guy think about a change...

12 inches lower would put the corner of the tower's rear bar about 4 1/2' off the floor. That would be a bit low...

Perhaps the photos are deceptive.

Peter

I tried to go back and find the picture someone posted back last summer of an all white RLXi (only a black stripe) and the Illusion. In that picture, it looked absolutely awesome. Didn't look as tall as the pics Peter has here, so I'm sure it's just the angles that are deceiving. I found the link here, but the pics are gone.

Following the lines of the windsheild? :Doh: You guys....this is like saying that the Illusion doesn't look good on any Malibu - VLX, LSV, vRide, iRide..... The lines of the w/s are nearly the same.

If you don't like the tower on a RLXi that I can understand, or if you don't like the Illusion X period. I wasn't really looking to re-hash the boat/tower combo as before, I was just posting the photos. But think about what you're saying, ya know?

Peter. :)

I think everyone is saying they like the look. At least I am....

The curve of the tower is different than the windshield. If the tower could be made especially for the RLXi, I would soften the radius as it transitions forward (to more closely match the windshield) and lower the height. I understand that you are adapting an existing design to the boat. It a great project!

Edited by Rip6@36
Following the lines of the windsheild? :Doh: You guys....this is like saying that the Illusion doesn't look good on any Malibu - VLX, LSV, vRide, iRide..... The lines of the w/s are nearly the same.

If you don't like the tower on a RLXi that I can understand, or if you don't like the Illusion X period. I wasn't really looking to re-hash the boat/tower combo as before, I was just posting the photos. But think about what you're saying, ya know?

Peter. :)

lol, I think that the Illusion would look better across the board on all Bu's if it could follow the lines of the windshield. But I'm not saying that I don't like the look, merely that it could be better. We went with the Illusion more for the way that it feels in the boat, plus I don't think that there's anything out there more distinctive & purely "Malibu" than the Illusion X.